Service Custom fields allow you to capture essential guest data for services that require careful administration.
Based on your business requirements, you can create custom service fields for specific services and make them available as a prerequisite for that service.
For instance, to effectively administer a hair spa service, you can create custom fields to record the guest name, age, hair density, scalp type, hair texture, preferred oil, etc.
This information helps you personalize the guest’s experience.
To create service custom fields
- Ensure that you are at the organization level.
- Navigate to Admin > Custom Fields > Services.
The Service Custom Fields page opens.
- Complete the following information to add a new field:
- Field Name: Enter the field name for the service custom field. Example: Additional Information
Note: The field name is shown to guests in the Webstore and mobile app.
- Field Code: Provide a field code. A field code is typically used to easily associate a field name to its code. Example: Info_01
- Description: Enter a description for the service custom field.
Note: The description can be used for searching and for other administrators to understand what the field is about
- Field Type: Select the field type.
The field type determines the type of data that a user can enter into the field such as a checkbox, text box, drop-down list, yes/no, or radio button.
Note: Choose the Label option if you want to include additional information in place of the field name. After selecting the Label option, in the Text field, you can enter multiple paragraphs along with bullet points (bullets points can be added using copy/paste).
If the custom field type is Drop-down, select the list value from the drop-down. Important: List values are first created and then made available as an option in the drop-down. Learn more: Create or update a custom list.
- Display Order: Enter the display order for the field.
Tip: If you do not enter any value, then the field appears at the top of the form.
The field display order defines the sequence in which the custom fields display in the custom form from the Appointment Book, Webstore, and mobile app.
- Print data on invoice: Select if you want to include the field information on printed receipts.
4. Click Add Field.
The new field is added to the form.
Note: After adding a service custom field, the field gets active by default. You can also deactivate a service custom field by clearing the Active checkbox next to the field. Click Save after clearing the field.
Note: Service fields cannot be deleted currently.