In this article
- You will learn what are security roles
- Default security roles in Zenoti - use this information to determine the roles you must assign to employees
- Default permissions assigned to each default security role - use this information to learn what permissions are enabled by default for each role
What are security roles?
Security roles determine what actions employees' can perform in Zenoti.
In Zenoti, permissions are then configured for each role.
When you create an employee profile, you must assign a role for that employee. The employee will then have all the permissions that have been configured for the role.
Important: Permissions are assigned to roles and not to individual employees. Hence, employees assigned to a certain role will have all the permissions that have been configured for that role at the organization level.
Default security roles
Refer to the following default roles to determine the right roles for your employees:
- Monitor: This role grants a user login access to a read-only mode of the appointment book. This is useful if you’d like to display the appointment book in an employee breakroom.
- Admin Staff: Assign this role to employees who handle jobs that do not require access to Zenoti. You should create them as employees in Zenoti to manage their schedules, track performance, and perform a check-in.
- Therapist: Assign your service providers to this role. Employees assigned to this role can log into Zenoti and view their dashboard. The dashboard provides a personalized view of the employee's monthly schedules, appointment, and payroll details.
- Authenticate: Assign this role to an employee who needs to only authenticate a machine with their credentials and nothing else.
- Accountant: Accountants have access to administrative reports.
- Receptionist: Receptionists are responsible for booking appointments through the Appointment Book and collecting payments.
- Inventory Manager: Assign this role to staff responsible for maintaining inventory (such as track product checkouts, and maintain stock levels).
- Supervisor: The supervisor is granted more permissions than a receptionist but less than a manager. This employee can manage appointments, check staff in, manage issues, and create purchase orders.
- Marketing Manager: This role is used for staff that creates, deploys and track discounts, memberships, promotional packages, campaigns, and loyalty programs.
- HR Manager: The HR Manager has full access to employee data to track attendance, performance and other capabilities related to employee management.
- Manager: Assign your center’s manager to this role. This role grants extensive access to data and capabilities in the system.
- Zonal Manager: The zonal manager receives almost the same access to the system as a ‘Manager’, but for all centers in a ‘zone’.
- Administrator: Staff assigned to this role do not have access to organization and center setting, and employee management. However, staff assigned to this role is responsible for everything else.
- Owner: The owner has complete access to data and capabilities in Zenoti. The owner can also modify the default roles and permissions.
Important: The following roles can view the Appointment Book by default - Receptionist, Manager, and Owner.