The options on the General tab allow you to define the screens you want to make available for the role. You can control the display of Zenoti's main menu, Appointment Book, and guest history from here.
Note that the settings that you define here impact the functions you enable from the Permissions tab.
For example, if you clear the Add checkbox in the Appointment section under the Appointment Book, then employees assigned to the role will not be able to add new appointments on the Appointment Book.
To configure settings in the General tab for role permissions
- If not already on the Edit Role page, navigate to Admin > Organization > Security Roles > Select a role.
The Edit Role page opens.
- On the General tab, configure the settings as follows:
- Role Name: The name of the role such as owner, manager, and therapist. You can modify an existing role name if required.
- Description: A brief description of the role.
- Can access Administrator mode: Select to allow all employees with this role to view Zenoti’s main menu.
The main menu provides access to the highlighted modules in Zenoti:
- Can access Appointment Book: Select to allow all employees with this role to view the Appointment Book.
Note: You must enable the following permissions to allow the employee to view and use the Appointment Book: Can access Administrator mode (described above) and Add or Edit permission for Appointments (enable from the Permissions tab).
Tip: If you want to display the Appointment Book but restrict any action on it, then enable the ReadOnly permission.
- Select one of the following access options for the guest profile:
- Show guest history: Select to allow the employees with this role to
view all tabs on the guest profile page.
- Show Service history only: Select to allow the employees with this
role to view only the upcoming and past appointments from the
guest profile page (service history).
3. Click Save.