To enter General details for the product
- If not already done, navigate to the product page as follows: Admin > Resources > Products > Click Add to add a new product or click the name of the product you want to edit.
The General tab opens.
- On the General tab enter the following information:
- Product: Enter a name for the product.
- Business Type: The default business type that displays is 'Spa'.
- Category: Select a category for the product from the available list of categories. Note: You cannot create additional categories on this page, you can only select from the available categories. If you need to create a new category, read Create a Parent Category for Products.
- Subcategory: Depending upon the category selected, a list of subcategories are shown. Select a subcategory from the list.
Note: You cannot create additional subcategories. If you need to create a new subcategory, read Create Product Subcategories.
- Description: Enter the plain text description for the product or enter an HTML description in the field below.
Note: The plain text description displays on mobile apps.
- HTML Description: Enter the HTML description for the product or enter a text description in the field above.
Note: The HTML description displays on the Webstore. Click the preview icon to check how the description would appear to the end user.
- Business Unit: Select a business unit. Note that it is important to track the business by business unit.
- Product code: Enter a unique bar code to define the code for this product.
Click the Auto Generate link to auto-generate a product code, instead of manually typing it.
- Amount: Enter the total product size or quantity and select the appropriate units.
Example: 500 (amount which is the volume or size) ml (units) or 16.9 oZ
- MRP: Enter the maximum retail price of the product.
- Consumable: Consumable products are used by your staff to deliver services. Select Yes if the product is a consumable product. Else, select No.
- Retail: Retail products are sold to guests.
Select Yes if the product is a retail product. Else, select No.
Note: If you mark a product as both consumable and retail, you can use Zenoti's product conversion feature to anytime use a retail product as a consumable product or vice versa. This will help to record the changes made to the product type.
- Commission: Select Yes if an employee is entitled to commission on selling this product. Else, select No.
The commission for product sales is defined in the 'Jobs' page. To know more about defining commission structure, read: Configure Product Commissions at the Employee or Job Level.
- Commission Adjustment: Specify a number in percentage. This field allows you to provide a commission to therapists on selling this specific product.
Example: If you specify 50% here, it means employees will get half the amount of commission. Similarly, if you specify 100%, it means employees will get the full amount, and 200% means, employees will get double the amount of commission.
- Commission Type: Select one of the following:
- Commission settings defined at Employee or Job profiles. This
means you have already configured commission-related settings at
the Employee or Job level.
Configurations at both, employee and job levels are done based
on revenue slabs. Read: Revenue Slabs based Commissions at
Employee and Job Levels - An Overview.
- Flat Amount: Enter the flat amount you want to provide as
Example: If you specify 10 here, it means employees earn $10 as
commission each time they sell one unit of that particular product.
This also assumes you have specified 100% in the Commission
- Percentage of Sales Price: Enter the percent of sales price you
want to give as commission.
Example: If a product costs $2000 and you specify 20% here, it
means employees earn $400 as commission each time they sell
one unit of that particular product. This also assumes you have
specified 100% in the Commission Adjustment field.
- Tags: Tags offer a different way for your customers to browse your products on your webstore. Select the tags applicable for the product.
3. Click Next to go to the Price tab or click Save if you have completed editing the