With the introduction of GST, every business in India is required to declare the list of goods and services they offer using specific GST codes.
In this article, you will learn about all the GST codes that you need to identify and update Zenoti with to run your business in a GST compliant manner.
Note: You will be able to update Zenoti with all the codes mentioned in this article only one at a time. If you want to update all the codes in bulk, contact Zenoti Support.
Identify the following GST codes:
- GSTIN: This is the Goods and Services Taxpayer Identification Number (GSTIN) and is a unique PAN-based 15-digit number. GSTIN is issued to taxpayers who register themselves under the GST law in a particular state of India.
GSTIN varies from state to state. Hence, if you are a business that operates in multiple states, you must register for GST in every state that you operate in and obtain GSTIN for each of the states.
Learn how to update GSTIN of your center
- PAN for the Center: The payment receipt you issue to the customer must contain the PAN number of the center.
Learn how to update the PAN of a center
- State Code: This is the state GST code. You must find out the GST code for all the states that you run your business in.Learn how to update the state code of a center
- Vendor GSTIN: You must update Zenoti with the GSTIN of every vendor that you are in business with.
Learn how to update GSTIN of a vendor
- PAN of the Vendor: You must update Zenoti with the PAN number of every vendor that you are in business with.
Learn how to update the PAN number of a vendor
- SAC: This is the Services Accounting Code (SAC) and is used to identify, classify, and define services under the GST.
For all the services, add-ons', and packages that you offer, you must obtain the respective SAC. The applicable tax rate depends on the SAC.
Learn how to update the SAC for your services
Learn how to update the SAC for your packages
- HSN: This is the Harmonized System of Nomenclature (HSN) and is used to identify and classify products under the GST.
For all the products you sell, you must obtain the respective HSN code. The applicable tax rate depends on the HSN code.
Learn how to update the HSN code for your products
Note: In case you need help configuring GST, contact us at GstHelp@zenoti.com.