To redeem a taxed gift card in the Point of Sale (POS) window:
1. Launch the POS from the appointment book.
2. In the guest details section at the top of the POS, enter either the mobile number, email address, first name, or last name of the guest, and select a matching record from the list of suggestions.
If the guest record does not exist in system, then create a new guest record.
3. In the lower left pane of the POS screen, select the service or package and add it to the invoice.
Note: If the service and package includes a tax component, then the item invoice shows the sum total (net price + tax) of the service or package selected.
Example: The following image is an example of a taxed service.
4. Select PRE-PAID/GIFT as the payment option in the Collect Payment section.
The sum total and any applicable tips (or gratuity) automatically populates in the Amount and Tips fields respectively.
Note: A gift card sold with tax cannot be used to pay for the tax component of the purchased service or package, tips or gratuity.
Example: Below is an example image of a taxed service.
If no tax or tips (or gratuity) is applicable to the invoice, then proceed to step 8 below.
5. Edit the Amount field and replace the sum total with the net price amount (net price is the service/ or the package amount before tax.
Obtain this information from the invoice section in the POS window.
6. Delete the amount from the Tips (or Gratuity) field (if applicable).
7. Delete the amount from the Service Charge field (if applicable).
Authentication may be required to edit this field.
8. Do one of the following:
In the Card # field, enter the gift card number manually
Click the gift card balance link beside the gift icon to select a gift card from the list of gift cards that the guest owns.
Click the Use This link beside a gift card number and the card information automatically populates in the Card # field.
Note: If the gift card numbers are masked, refer to section below on: How to apply a masked gift card number to an invoice?.
9. Click Add Payment.
The payment is shown on the left side as pre-paid Card Redemption.
10. The guest needs to pay any remaining service tax amount, tips and gratuity using another mode of payment. Choose the payment method to take any remaining payment.
Note: The Collect Payment section reflects the pending amount.
11. Close the invoice.