Read our May Upgrade blog post for major feature enhancements in the May 2016 release. What's New includes only the features that are not explained in the blog post.
APPOINTMENT BOOK AND POS
The following enhancements are made in the Appointment Book module:
- Assign Employees to Individual Guests
You can now assign an employees to each guests, so they act as a relationship manager for the guest. A guest can be assigned an employee when creating the guest record or by editing the guest details. To assign an employee to an existing guest, go to the guest profile and enter the name of the employee in the Primary Employee field. If guests are assigned to primary employees, the names of the employees are shown along with the guest records when you export target segment data.
- More Flexibility to Clock In and Clock Out Employees
You can now clock-in or clock-out an employee even when you are viewing the appointment book for another day. Previously, if you were viewing the appointment for a different date, the system did not allow clocking the employees for the current day, unless you navigated back to the current day.
- Add Products to the Invoice Just by Scanning it
You can now add a product to the invoice just by scanning it, without even clicking the Add button. The product is added as a separate item in the POS if the same product has been added to the invoice previously, and if there is none, the product quantity starts at 1. The Sell By field includes the name of the employee who is included for any other products added to the invoice before this product. However, if no product has been added to the invoice previously, you need to select Sale By employee for the first item.
- Easily Add Sale By Employees on Product Sales
When you sell multiple products in the same invoice, you just need to select the Sale By employee for the first item, and the system assigns the same employee for all the remaining products by default. However, if you change the employee name for any product in the series, the system assigns that employees for the other products that follow.
- Improved View of Guest Appointments
The Appointments tab in the guest profile is now divided into Upcoming Appointments and Past Appointments sections. Upcoming appointments shows the list of appointments on the current and future dates while the Past Appointments section shows the appointments from the past dates. Both these can be exported to Excel and .CSV files.
- Easily Add BOM Entries
When you enter product consumption from the Add Product Consumption window, The Product Name list now also allows you to type the name of the product, making it easy to find and select the product.
- Financial Lock Date to be a Rolling Window
Previously, the system allowed to lock down financial data prior to a selected date (such as May 20). You can now set this to be a rolling window such as last 4 days. When locked down, system doesn’t allow you to take payments, book new appointments, make refunds, close register, inventory changes that affect financials.
- Enhanced Week View
We've enhanced appointment book week view as follows:
- Clicking the Next arrow moves to the next week instead of moving by one day. The start day of the week is set up here: Admin > Organization > Center > [Center Name] > Hours > Week starts on.
- The date displayed on the top of the appointment book also includes the day of the week.
- The name of the employee is show in the top left cell.
We've made the following enhancements in the Marketing module:
- Easy Access to Campaign Status
You can now access the status report for a campaign from the Manage Campaigns window. From the list of campaigns, click the Campaign Status link to open its status report.
- Identify Suspended Memberships Easily
You can now easily identify the suspended memberships using the icon. The suspended membership icon is displayed everywhere the membership icon is shown in the system, including:
- Appointment block
- New Appointment panel below Appointment BookAppointment follow-up screen, under Guest Name
- Guest indicator in the POS screen
- Guest search in custom package creation screen
- Track Gift Card Sales by Occasion
You can now select an occasion for a gift card template (Admin > Setup > Gift Card Template > Add (or Edit a Gift Card > Occasion). This helps you to track online gift card sales based on occasion. Note that if you change the occasion for a template after a few gift card sales, those sales are associated to the updated occasion rather than the original one.
- Reverse Loyalty Points on Invoice Refunds
When a payment is removed or an invoice is refunded for a guest using tiered loyalty points program, the system now reverses the points awarded to the guest as follows:
If payment is removed
The points awarded to the guests are removed based on the tier to which the guest belonged at the time of payment. Note that the guest's tier could be changed at the time of removing the payment, but the system only takes their tier at the time of payment into account.
If invoice is refunded
When an invoice is refunded, points get reversed as follows: If the guest's tier hasn't changed since the payment, the same number of points that were awarded to the guest are deducted. If guest is in a different tier currently from the one they were during the payment, the system calculates the ratio in which the points were awarded in base invoice and uses that ratio to repeal points. The points are deducted from the tier that has higher balance.
- Downgrade to Applicable Tier: The system now enables you to downgrade customers to a tier proportional to their spending rather than downgrading them to the immediately lower tier by default. You can make an organization-wide selection based on whether you want to downgrade the customers to the immediately lower tier or an applicable tier from here: Admin > Organization > Organizations > Settings > Points. Note that the immediate higher tier is applied by default for upgrades.
- Manage Referral Sources More Effectively
You can now manage your referral sources more effectively by deactivating the sources that are no longer necessary. You can deactivate a referral source by clearing the Active checkbox here: Admin > Categories > Referrals > [Click a Referral Source Name] > Active. The system shows only active referral sources when adding a new guest. Note that all your existing referral sources are active by default.
- Manage Equipment More Effectively
You can now manage your equipment more effectively by deactivating the ones that are no longer used. You can deactivate an equipment by clearing the Active checkbox here: Admin > Resources > Referrals > [Referral Source Name] > Active. Note that all your existing referral sources are active by default.
- Uniquely Identify Your Rooms with Room Codes
It is now mandatory to enter a unique code for every room in your center. It helps to manage the rooms more effectively both from the UI as well as from the software code. Note that when you edit the details of any existing room and try to save them (Admin > Resources > Rooms > [Click a Room Name > Room Code), you need to enter a room code or the system shows the following error message.
- More Customized Bar Code Printing
While printing barcodes from the Manage Products (Admin Dashboard > Resources > Products > Barcode) window, you can now select the row and column that you want to start printing from.
- Enhanced Issue Management and Notifications
We've made the following enhancements to issue management and notifications:
- Added a center-level settings called Issue owner (Admin > Centers > [Center Name] > Settings > General). It is useful to alert the center manager when an issue is automatically created because of low feedback.
- Added a new template called Issue created to notify people when an issue is assigned to them. The template supports both email and text messages and is triggered when an issue is created or reassigned to an employee.
- Created an alert message that is displayed every time an employee with an active issue assigned to them logs in to the system. Enhanced the exported list of issues, which now shows all the notes against the issue and not just the most recent one.
We've made the following enhancements to the Employee module:
- Configure Overtime Pay Per Pay Period
Previously, the system allowed you to configure overtime pay based on the extra working hours calculated per day. We have now upgraded the feature to calculate the overtime pay based on pay periods.This overtime configuration is applicable only when employee payroll hours are calculated based on actual check-in and check-out times. To select pay period based overtime pay, follow these steps:
- Go to Employee Dashboard> Employee > Employees > [Click a Employee Name] > General > Overtime.
- Select Pay Period from the list, enter the number of regular hours you take into account per pay period, and then enter a multiplier, so the wage for the extra hours is calculated by multiplying the regular wages with that number.
The following enhancements are made to Reports:
- Added Daily Register Summary Report: We've added a new report called Register Summary report in both Accounting and Daily reports. From the Accounting Reports, you can run the Register Summary report for a period of up to 6 months (Admin > Reports > Accounting Reports > Register Summary.) From the Daily reports, you can run the Register Summary report for a selected date (Admin > Reports > Daily Reports > Register Summary.)
- Track Closed Invoices by Service or Sale Date: Sales Invoices Report now allows you to track closed invoices based on the date of service or sale (Admin > Reports > Sales > Invoices > Closed > Services/Sale Date).
- Added Loyalty Points Summary Report: We've added a new report called the Loyalty Points Summary report to show the points for each guest in the system. When you click a guest's points, the Balance as on Date report opens.
- Enhanced Collections by Transaction Report: We've made the following enhancements to the Collections by Transactions report:
Added Payment Type filter
The report can now be filtered using payment type. Card payments can be tracked using specific type of the card. Also, if you select the Custom payment filter, the system opens a list of all the custom payment types for you to select.
Added more column details
We've added a new column named Total that shows the sum of Payment Amount and Tips. The report also shows the totals for Payment Amount, Tips, and Total columns now.
- Updated Membership Revenue Reporting: Revenue reports now split the Membership revenue into these three columns:
Includes initial recurring revenue, monthly recurring revenue, and Freeze fee collected.
Membership Credit Redemption
Revenue recognized from credit value usage.
Membership Service Credit Redemption
Revenue recognized from service credit usage