Series Packages are packages that offer a set of services and products, usually at a discounted price. Such packages have an expiry date - guests need to use all the services of the Series Package within this time.
Note: As part of the package, you could sell products such as a shampoo, conditioner, creams, and oils.
Important: You must be aware of the following:
You can sell a Series Package only from the POS (Point of Sale).
Guests can redeem services in a Series Package only after making either full or partial payment.
The front desk can add and save credit card details. This way, guests are charged automatically as per the schedule.
Guests can also pay using cash, check, or custom payment methods.
The front desk can directly create payment schedules from the date of sale.
Before You Begin
Before you begin, verify that the following configurations are in place:
You should have already created a Series Package at the Organizational level.
Ensure that these settings are in place from Admin > Resources > Packages:
Under General tab:
Specify Booking Dates (mandatory)
Specify the Schedule (Number of installments and Payment frequency) (mandatory)
Read: Setup A Day, Series Or Promo Package.
Ensure that the checkbox Enable redemptions on open packages is selected from Organization > Organizations > Settings > Packages.
To sell a series package when a guest makes payments in installments (according to a pre-defined Schedule):
Launch POS using one of the following methods:
a) Click the POS icon on the top right corner of the Appointment Book.
b) Click anywhere on the Appointment Book and select Point of Sale from the list of options.
The Point of Sales window opens.
In the POS window, enter the guest details as follows:
a) If you have opened POS by clicking the POS icon or Point of Sale option, in the guest details section at the top of the POS, enter either the mobile number, first name, or last name of the guest, and select a matching record from the list of suggestions.
b) If the guest record doesn't exist in system, enter the following required guest details to create a new guest record: Mobile number, First name, Last name, and Gender.
Note: The First name and Last name fields are always mandatory. You can choose to make Gender, Email, and Referral source fields mandatory from the Organization Settings (Admin > Organizations > Settings > Guests).
The guest details now appear in the top panel of the POS window.
Click the Packages tab at the bottom of the POS window. Search for and select the Series Package from the list of options. The cost of the series package appears.
Select the name of the employee who made the sale in the Sale By option. This detail may be used in your organization to calculate commissions for employees based on the sale of products. Read: Configure Product Commissions at Individual Employee Level.
Click Add Package.
If there are any products that the guest needs to purchase as part of the package, the application alerts you with a message as follows:
Note: In this example, the cost of the products is not part of the cost of the package. This is the way the package is set up. Read: Set up A Day, Series Or Promo Package.
7. Click OK.
The details of the package appear in the Invoice section.
Note: The cost of the products and the cost of the package appear separately. Note also, the small visual cues that appear in the invoice section on the left. The orange rectangle indicates that the application has credit card details for this guest. For a guest whose credit card details are not already available, the application prompts you to collect the same.
8. Optional) If you want to give any discount, enter the discount and click the arrow button next to it.
9. (Optional) If the guest has any membership discount that is redeemable, select the membership and click the arrow button next to it.
10. (Optional) If the guest has a cash back or a custom coupon which is redeemable, enter the coupon number in the Coupon # field and click the arrow button next to it.
11. (Optional) If there is any active marketing campaign going on for the package, select the Campaign.
12. (Optional) In the Comments box, type helpful notes.
13. In the Collect Payment section of the invoice, select Credit.
In this example, the guest's credit card details are already available in Zenoti. Read: Add or replace credit card details for a guest.
14. Click Create Payment Schedule to create a schedule of payment for the package.
15. Zenoti automatically creates a schedule for payment based on package settings.
16. Click Save Schedules.
In this example, the package is configured to collect payment in 3 monthly installments and the installments are divided equally across the duration of payment. The guest's credit card is charged every month as per the schedule.
17. If the guest requests any changes in the schedule of payment, you can edit the predefined details and click Update Schedules.
18. Click Collect Payment to collect the payment for the first time a guest avails a service from the package.
19. Click Pay.
Note: The guest's credit card is charged as per schedule to recover the cost of the package.
20. Close the invoice with either the Print or SMS option.