If you missed entering a petty cash transaction made in the past and want to enter the transaction in Zenoti now, you can do the following:
- Enter the petty cash transaction in Zenoti. The entry is saved with today's date.
- Change the date of the entry to the date when the transaction actually happened.
Permissions required: To change the date of a petty cash transaction, you must have the View permission enabled for Petty Cash for your role at the organization level
(Admin > Security Roles > Role Name > Permissions > Administrator).
To change the date of a petty cash transaction:
- In the Appointment Book, click an open time slot and select Petty Cash from the context menu.
The Petty Cash Ledger opens.
- The ledger displays the petty cash transactions recorded on the current date in the grid.
Note: If you are yet to enter the missed petty cash transaction in Zenoti, enter the transaction in Zenoti before you proceed to the next steps.
For more information on entering petty cash transactions in Zenoti, see Recording Petty Cash Transactions.
- To change the date of (backdate) an existing entry, click the Date against the entry.
A calendar opens.
4. Select the new date and click Save.
The ledger saves the new date.
Note: As you have changed the date to a date in the past, the edited entry no longer appears in the list.
You can see the changed date in the Daily Petty Cash report (center level, Admin > Reports > Accounting > Daily Petty Cash).
The following is an example of the date changed from 27th September to 25th September.