Permission available to: Administrator and owner roles
Setting available at: Organization level
You can capture essential guest data by sending an email to the guest with a link to the Guest Custom Data form. To maintain the guest’s confidentiality and prevent unauthorized access to the form, Zenoti allows you to enable a setting that requires guests to log in before they can edit or view the form (sent via email).
To prevent unauthorized access to the guest custom data form:
- Ensure that you are at the organization level.
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > Organizations > click the Settings tab > expand the Custom Data section.
- Select the Prevent unauthorized access to guest custom data checkbox to prevent guests from viewing or entering details without logging in.
The checkbox is clear by default, thus allowing guests to access the form without having to log in.
- Click Save.
Guests will now need to log in or sign up to view or enter their details in the guest custom data form that is emailed to their registered email address. See Impact on Guest Access to the Form section below.
Impact on Guest Access to the Form
If the Prevent unauthorized access to guest custom data setting is enabled, the following takes place:
- Guest receives an email with a link to the guest custom data form.
Note: The link to the form automatically expires after 8 hours.
- Guest clicks the link and is directed to log in using the username (unique identifier) and password.
Tip: Based on your organization level settings, the unique identifier may be the guest’s email address or phone number.
- Guest needs to enter the username and password or must sign up to create a new account.
- Zenoti performs a check and verifies if the logged in user's credentials is the same as that of the intended guest.
If the credentials are valid, then Zenoti allows the guest to proceed to complete the form.
Else, the following error displays:
You are not authorized to access this form. Please login with the correct credentials.