There are several possible reasons for failure of delivery of an email or text message.
The following are some common scenarios and troubleshooting tips.
Guests cannot view an email
The email could have been delivered to the guest's Spam folder instead of the Inbox. Guide the guest to check the Spam folder.
Failed to deliver notification
Navigate to the guest’s profile and click the Notifications tab to review the status of sent notifications. A notification can have a Sent, Pending or Failed status.
Based on the status, do the following:
- If the status is Sent, the message has been delivered successfully.
- If the status is Pending, then Zenoti is awaiting confirmation that the email was delivered. Check the status after a few minutes.
- If the status is Failed, do the following:
- Verify the organization level settings:
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > Settings and ensure that the Activate email and Activate text message options are selected.
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > Email/Texts and ensure that the template is turned On in the Email/Texts tab.
- Verify that there are enough email and SMS credits in the center to send notifications. Contact Zenoti Support to add credits.
- Check for the following in the guest’s profile:
- Verify if the guest profile has a valid phone numer/email address.
- Verify if the guest has opted to receive notifications.
Ensure that the Receive Transaction Emails and Receive Transaction Text Messages (SMS) checkboxes are selected.
Check if the following checkbox is selected in the employee profile of the provider providing the service.
Checkbox: Send confirmation email/text to guests for appointments scheduled for this employee [from Employee > Employee > Employee Name > General tab (last option)].