WHAT IS BIOMETRIC CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT?
You can use a biometric device that authenticates an employee during check-in and check-out. Biometric check-in ensures that employees cannot manipulate their start and end timings as the employee's fingerprint is required for check-in and check-out. To use this capability, you will need to connect a biometric device to your computer.
If you are a multicenter organization, your employees need to register their fingerprint only once, and can then check-in or check-out at any location. Zenoti uses the check-in and check-out data to track attendance and punctuality.
If you are an existing customer using the browser-based check in, switch to the new Zenoti Biometrics application that works without depending on the browsers. Also, you do not need to re-enroll employees when you switch from the browser-based check in and check out to the Zenoti Biometrics application. You must also first uninstall the old software.
Supported operating systems for the biometrics application are:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
The supported models for the biometric device are:
- Digital Persona U.are.U 4500
- DigitalPersona U.are.U 5160.
The DigitalPersona U.are.U 5160 is a more desirable device to use because it is rugged, and works well with dry, moist, or rough fingers.
Zenoti Biometrics continues to support the old device model U4500.
You can purchase these from websites like Amazon. Refer to the Digital Persona Device for detailed information about the device. An image of the device is as follows:
See the following sections for more information:
- Enable the Biometric Device for the Organization
- Enable the Biometric Device for each Center
- Uninstall the Browser Based Biometric Software to Install the Zenoti Biometrics Application
- Install the Zenoti Biometrics Application
- Configure Zenoti Biometrics
- Register the Fingerprint for the First Time in the Zenoti Biometrics App
- Check-In and Checkout an Employee using the Zenoti Biometrics App