Before You Begin
You must configure the item level (in this case, the product) with details of the commission. For example, can an employee earn commission on selling a particular product? If yes, on what basis should the employee earn the commission - by settings defined at employee or job profiles (revenue slabs), a flat amount, or by a percentage of the sales price?
Note: Options you see are based on settings configured from the Admin module. You see these options for Product Commissions if the option Based on product sales per guest is selected from Admin > Org > Settings > Employee > Allow product sales commission.
To configure commissions at the Product (Item) level:
- Ensure that you are at the Organization level.
- Click Admin > Resources > Products.
- Click Add.
The Create Product page appears. The commission-related settings appear in the General tab.
- In the General tab, for Commissions option, select Yes.
- For Commission Adjustment, specify a number in percentage.
Example: If you specify 50% here, it means employees will get half the amount of commission. Similarly, if you specify 100%, it means employees will get the full amount, and 200% means, employees will get double the amount of commission.
- For Commission Type, depending on your requirement, select one of the following:
a) Settings defined at the Employee or Job Profiles
b) Flat amount
c) Percentage of Sales Price
- Click Next.
- [Optional] Enter or select details for Price, Vendors, Catalog, Variants, and Related products.
- Click Finish.