Zenoti lets you assign colors to different categories of appointments so that you can identify them at a glance in the Appointment Book. For instance, you can assign blue to all appointments in the VIP category to quickly identify appointments booked for VIP guests.
When you custom color-code appointments, the Appointment Book creates a separate, customized view to display appointments. The default standard colors that indicate status changes remain unchanged in the standard color view. You can toggle between the custom and standard color view at any point in the Appointment Book.
Note: You cannot customize Zenoti's standard colors for status changes of appointments.
In the custom color view, status changes of appointments have no impact on the custom colors that you assign to appointment categories. For instance, an appointment in the VIP category (color-coded blue) remains blue whether the appointment status is new, checked in, confirmed or paid.
Assign a Custom Color to an Appointment Category
- Ensure that you are at the organization level.
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the Admin Dashboard, select Categories > Appointments.
- On the Manage Appointment Categories page, click the appointment category name to which you want to assign a custom color.
- On the Edit Appointment Category page:
- Click inside the Appointment Color field and pick a color for the appointment block.
- Click inside the Appointment Text Color field and pick a color for the text that appears in the appointment block.
Tip: While selecting the appointment text color, select a color that shows up against the background of the appointment color.
- In the Category Preference Order field, enter the order of preference for the appointment category.
For instance, if the guest has two memberships with different appointment categories assigned, Zenoti displays the appointment color based on the preference order specified in this field (lowest number first).
- To override any other settings for the selected service, select the Override Appointment Color checkbox.
For instance, if the guest has booked an appointment for a hair treatment service that has a service category color assigned to it, enabling this setting overrides the service category or subcategory color.
- The Active checkbox is selected by default for new categories. Clear it to prevent the category from appearing in the Appointment Category drop-down list while creating or modifying an appointment in the Appointment Book.
6. Click Save.
7. Repeat for other appointment categories.
8. To view the color-coded appointments in the Appointment Book:
- Refresh your Appointment Book
- Click the Toggle icon, if it currently displays the standard color view
All appointments of the color-coded appointment category appear in their assigned color in the custom color view of the Appointment Book.