Mirror mode allows you to set up a customer-facing, payment method. Your front desk staff use their desktop computers to create an invoice and accept payments, while the guest is able to review the invoice and make their payments via an iPad and card reader.
The guest’s experience on the iPad includes the ability to:
Review the invoice
Select a tip amount
Pay by swiping, inserting, or tapping their credit or debit card
Before you Begin
In your iPad settings, ensure that you set Auto-Lock to 'Never' so that the device does not get locked while processing a payment on mirror mode.
To set Auto-Lock as 'Never': On your iPad, go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock > set to 'Never'.
Steps to Set Up Mirror Mode
Ensure you have completed the Zenoti Payment configuration.
Mirror mode must be enabled to your organization.
Note: You must have at least one active cash register at the center level to mirror an invoice. Click here to learn how to add a cash register.
Launch the Zenoti Mobile POS on iPad. Select a cash register, and turn mirror mode on.
Enable Mirror Mode
Contact Zenoti support to enable the invoice mirroring on Zenoti Mobile for your organization.
Select the Enable invoice mirroring for mobile POS checkbox (if not already selected).
3. At the center level, navigate to Admin > Setup > Cash Register.
You will see the list of cash registers.
4. Click the cash register that you wish to turn mirror mode on.
The cash register properties open.
Note: You can turn mirror mode on for any number of cash registers.
All the cash registers for which you turn mirror mode on become available
for mirroring on Zenoti Mobile POS. You can choose the cash register
whose invoice you wish to mirror.
5. Select the Enable Invoice Mirroring checkbox (if not already selected)
and click Save.
6. (Optional) Repeat steps 4 and 5 for all the cash registers you wish to
turn mirror mode on.
7. On your iPad, launch Zenoti Mobile POS and tap Settings.
The Settings page opens.
8. Tap Cash Register. The list of cash registers that you turned mirror mode
on for (in Steps 4 and 5) appears.
9. Select the appropriate cash register whose invoice you wish to mirror.
You will come back to the Settings page.
10. On the Settings page, tap Mirror mode.
11. Tap Ad URL and enter your organization's website.
12. Tap Save URL.
13. Tap Switch to Mirror Mode.
The mirror mode is turned on.
You can now accept card payments in mirror mode when using
Note: If you wish to mirror an invoice from another cash register,
you must repeat steps from 7 to 11.