Each organization has different policies and procedures regarding employee attendance, Zenoti helps you create attendance rules apt for your business.
You can create rules for a working day, late check in, or early checkout, and then set up the penalty for late check-ins or early checkouts.
Whether an employee is late or early is calculated based on the employee's schedule for the day (expected attendance) against the employee's check-in or checkout recorded from the Appointment Book (actual attendance).
Define all the scenarios in your organization that you want to track for a center, such as half day, late stay, and more for a working day. Similarly, define all scenarios for late check-in or early checkout, such as checking in late by 60 mins. Define the corresponding penalties, such as checking in late by 60 mins results in a deduction of half a day (0.5 days) leave.
To define Attendance Categories:
- On the main menu, click Employee.
- Go to Settings > Attendance Rules.
- On the Define Attendance Rules page, in the Rule Name box, enter a name for the attendance rule.
- In the For a list, select what the attendance rule is for: Working Day, Early Checkout, or Late Checkin.
- In the boxes next to if attendance is between, select a time range for the rule in minutes. For example, if you are setting up a rule for late check-in between 30 and 60 minutes, select Late Checkin in the For a list, and in the boxes next to if attendance is between, enter 30 and 60.
Refer to the following section for more details:
- For Working day: Time range (in minutes): Enter the total working hours for the day. For example, if you enter a time range of 480-540, the rule applies to employees who have worked between 8 to 9 hours on a day
- For Early Checkout: Enter a time range for the early checkout. For example, if you enter 30-60, the rule applies to employees who have checked out early by 30 to 60 minutes on a day.
- For Late Checkin: Enter a time range for the late check-in. For example, if you enter 30-60, the rules applies to employees who have checked in late by 30 to 60 minutes on a day.
6. Based on the type of attendance rule you are setting up, do the following:
- For early checkout and late check-in: In the Apply a penalty of box, add the corresponding penalty in terms of number days of leave. For example, if you want to deduct 0.5 days (half day) leave for checking in late by 60 mins, enter 0.5 in the Apply a penalty of box.
- For working day: in the Apply a special leave adjustment of box, enter a positive value to add to special leave balance, or negative value to deduct from the special leave balance. You can also enter decimal values in the box.
7. Click Add.
8. Repeat the steps to add more attendance rules.
Note: Ideally, no two categories should overlap. However, Zenoti does not prevent you from setting up categories that overlap.
After you create the attendance rules, as employees check in/check out every day, the system applies the corresponding rule and the related benefits or penalties. You can see the leave balance from the Payroll > Attendance page.
Read: Employee Leaves Report