While booking appointments, the front desk often has a difficult time matching therapist timings with appointment timings and room availability. This may get especially challenging if yours is a facility with many rooms.
For smoother flow of business, you can assign rooms to therapists from the Employee Schedule for each shift. When the front desk books an appointment for a particular therapist, Zenoti automatically displays the room assigned to the therapist. This way, the entire booking process is faster. Therapists stand to benefit too because they can stay in their rooms and can take on back-to-back appointments without loss of time.
The front desk can always assign another room to a therapist, if required.
This article covers the following sections:
- Before You Begin
- How to Assign a Room to a Therapist?
- Impacts on the Appointment Book
Before You Begin
- To be able to assign rooms to therapists from the Employee Schedule, ensure that you select the checkbox Enable room assignments to therapists from Center level > Admin > Organization > Centers > Center name > Settings tab > Appointment Book section. Note that Zenoti continues to enforce service-related restrictions such as room capacity, service-specific rooms, and use of equipment.
- Ensure that you have configured Rooms in Zenoti so that they are available in the Employee Schedule. Read: Create Rooms
How to Assign a Room to a Therapist?
To assign a room to a therapist:
- Ensure that you are at the Center level.
- Go to Employee > Employees > Schedule.
- From the Role filter, select Therapists.
A list of therapists active in the Center appears. See screenshot for reference The Role filter is on the right hand corner of the screen.
- Select the name of one therapist and select the shift time under Shift 1 or Shift 2, as appropriate.If the employee works only in one shift, select the shift time under Shift 1 only.
- Select the Room from the Room drop-down list for the employee.
Example: Room 1, Room 2. Or, if you have named the rooms, select the name of the room such as Bridal Make Up Room, Couples Massage Room, Massage Delight Room. The Room drop-down list is in the center of your screen.
Important: Zenoti does not check for conflicts in room assignments at this stage. Zenoti checks for conflicts in therapist-room availability only at the time of booking appointments.
6. Set up the rest of the employee schedule as you normally do.
7. Click Save and Copy.
Zenoti copies and saves the employee's schedule including shift time and room assignments.
Note: Zenoti does not check for conflicts while copying the schedule. Zenoti checks for conflicts in therapist-room availability only at the time of booking appointments.
Impacts on the Appointment Book
- When the front desk books an appointment for a therapist from the Appointment Book, Zenoti automatically picks the default room assigned to the therapist. The front desk can always assign another room to the therapist, if required.
- If a therapist has no rooms assigned (from the Employee Schedule), the Appointment Book will not display any room by default.
- When guests book appointments from other channels such as the Webstore and the Customer Mobile app (CMA), Zenoti automatically picks the default room assigned to the therapist.
- When the front desk books appointments from the Appointment Book, Zenoti checks for conflicts as rooms may be double booked depending on different settings such as:
a) Enforce room selection for every service. This is a Center level setting that you can configure from Admin > Organizations > Centers > Name of the Center > Settings > Appointment Book.
b) (Room) Capacity. This is a setting you configure for a Room.
c) Allow to book more than capacity. This is a setting you configure for a Room. Read: Create Rooms
- There is a setting that allows the front desk to view available therapists and rooms automatically. If you want to turn on this setting, reach out to Zenoti Support.
- Important: Zenoti does not pick up therapist-room assignments automatically in the following scenarios:
a) When the front-desk staff books appointments using the Room view in the Appointment Book. In such cases, you must also select the Room at the appointment level to ensure that the room assignment shows up in Room view.
b) When the front desk books appointments directly from the Point of Sale (POS).
c) When your staff books appointments using the the mobile apps or the Mobile POS.