Zakat, Tax and Customs Authority (ZATCA) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, has made it mandatory for taxpayers, subject to VAT, to implement E-Invoicing (Fatoorah). Phase 1 of the implementation requirements will be effective from 4th December 2021.
Apart from the standard VAT receipt, the invoice will also bear a QR code. The QR code can be scanned to show e-invoice related information mandated by the ZATCA guidelines.
To enable QR code for E-Invoices
1. At the center level, click the Admin icon and go to Organization > Centers.
2. Go to the Settings tab.
3. Expand the Invoice & Receipt section.
4. Locate the Printer Formats setting.
5. Select VAT receipt - GCC.
7. Select VAT receipt - Middle East.
The Add QR code on invoices setting appears below. This setting is only valid for businesses operating in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
8. Select Add QR code on invoices.
9. Click Save.
You've successfully enabled QR codes for E-Invoicing in Saudi Arabia. To learn how to add a QR code macro to the receipt header and footer, go here.