Businesses can calculate sales based on either the sale price of an item or the value of an item.
In the value model, Zenoti posts membership sales and redemption based on the value of the membership, and not the sale price.
For example, if a guest purchased a $100 non-recurring membership with a service value of $150, in the sale model, Zenoti posts $100 to the accounting platform. While in the value model, Zenoti posts $150 to the accounting platform.
Before you begin
Reach out to Zenoti Support to enable the value model for your business.
To configure posting of membership sales based on value
1. Navigate to Admin > Organization menu > Organizations > Integrations tab or Admin > Organization menu > Centers > Integrations tab.
2. Select Accounting.
3. Expand the Configuration tab and navigate to the Invoice section.
4. For Membership Liability Model, the Value option is selected by default.
You can see the Default Item for Membership Liability Discount box is enabled for the Membership item. This item is to post the difference between Value and Sale Price of the membership.
5. In the Default Item for Membership Liability Discount box, enter the name of the default item that you want to post for membership liability discount.
6. Under the Sync section, click Save.
Membership sales will be posted based on value.
Let’s say that a guest purchased a non-recurring membership for $1200 with a value of $1600.
Default Item for Membership Liability Discount = 1600- 1200 = $400
Admin Sync Report - Sale Order Summaries
You can see Membership as $1600 for Price and any discounts under as the Discount item.
Under the Payment section, You can see the actual payment made by the guest.