Disclaimer: This enhancement applies to businesses where the value-based model is enabled and sync is configured at the journal entries level.
When a membership expires, your business can configure to post the expired amount as a revenue to the business. Your business must select Redemption post expiry or cancellation at the membership level. When this is enabled, Zenoti posts expired credits based on the expiry date of the service or the expiry date of the membership, whichever is earliest.
Let’s consider a non-recurring membership with 3 services, that expired on April 15th with a grace period of 1 day. So, the actual expiry date for this membership is April 16th.
When Zenoti syncs data on April 14th, only the Hair Cut service expired credit amount is posted to the accounting platform. When Zenoti again syncs on April 16th, the earliest of April 16th and April 17th (expiry of Hair Color service) is April 16th, so Zenoti will post the expired amount from the Hair Color service on April 16th.
To configure posting of expired membership amount as revenue
1. Navigate to Admin > Organization menu > Organizations > Integrations tab or Admin > Organization menu > Centers > Integrations tab.
2. Select Accounting.
3. Expand the Configuration tab and navigate to the Invoice section.
4. Under Financials, select the Post Journal Entries check box.
For Membership Liability Model, you can see that the Value is selected by default.
5. Select the Post Expired Amount check box.
The Default Item for Membership Expired Amount box appears. This is the item used to post the revenue from the expired memberships for a day.
Note: Under the Payments Mapping tab, you can also see a payment type added to post expired amount as revenue.
6. Under the Sync section, click Save.
7. Expand the Payments Mapping tab.
8. From the Payment Header list, select Expired Membership Liability.
9. From the Mapped Account list, select the corresponding chart of accounts in the accounting platform.
10. Click Add.
The payment header is added.
11. Click Save.
The payment mapping is saved.
Let’s say that a guest purchased a non-recurring membership with the following services:
If the guest has used only 2 credits from the Hair Cut service, and the remaining services are unused, and the membership has expired, then the total expired amount from this membership is calculated as follows:
Total expired amount = 1x100 +1x200 + 1x100 =$400
When the daily sync happens, Zenoti adds all such membership expired amounts and posts it as a single item – the Default Item for Membership Expired Amount.
Admin Sync – Sale Order Summaries report
You can verify the posting of the expired membership amount in this report.
To see the total expired amount posted for the day, click View Details.
· Membership Expired Revenue is displayed as an item with the total expired amount.
· Expired Membership Liability is displayed as a payment with the total expired amount.