The Facebook Pixel allows you to set up custom events by tracking the URL of a particular webpage. This gives you information as to how many guests checked out the page, and how many completed a particular transaction.
For example, if you track the Thank You page of the Webstore, you will get to know how many of your visitors successfully completed a booking.
To track a specific URL of the Webstore
The following steps explain how to track the Thank You page for services on the Webstore.
Navigate to your Facebook Event Manager
Your existing Facebook Pixel’s Overview tab appears.
Click the Settings tab.
3. Scroll down to the Event Setup section and click the Open Event Setup Tool.
The Setup Events pop-up appears and prompts you to enter the URL of your website.
4. Enter the URL of your Webstore and click Open Website.
Your Webstore along with a Facebook Pixel helper opens.
5. Navigate to the Thank You page.
6. On the Facebook Pixel helper, click Track URL.
7. Select the appropriate event from the drop-down list.
8. From the Track the entire URL or a portion of the URL field, select URL Contains.
9. Enter a keyword for the URL.
For example, if you are tracking the Thank You page for service bookings, enter services/thankyou in the box.
10. Click Confirm.
Setup is complete and the URL is now successfully added as an event for the Facebook Pixel to track.
Whenever your guests complete a booking and enter the Thank You page, the Facebook Event Manager will automatically add a record to this event.