Some businesses prefer to mask the contact information of guests from the service providers. This helps businesses to maintain data privacy, gain the trust of their customers, and provide a seamless guest experience.
Before you enable the setting to mask guest details, ensure that you have modified the permissions that can override the setting.
Following are the permissions that need to be disabled for the masking on Zenoti Mobile to work:
1. Organization level > Admin > Manage Security Roles > (Any Role Name) > Permissions tab > Appointment Book > unselect Context Menu > Save.
2. Organization level > Admin > Manage Security Roles > (Any Role Name) > Permissions tab > Guest Manager > unselect Edit > Save.
Note: Make sure the permissions under Guest Manager, Edit Email, and Edit Mobile, are also disabled. If not, these permissions will override the mask guest detail setting.
A. If the security role has the Edit Mobile permission then only the email addresses will be masked.
B. If the security role has the Edit Email permission then only the phone numbers will be masked.
To restrict the access of service providers or other employees from viewing guest details on Zenoti Mobile, you can enable the following setting from Zenoti Web:
To mask guest contact info on Zenoti Mobile
1. Ensure that you are at the organization level.
2. Navigate to Admin > Manage Security Roles > (Any Role Name) > Permissions tab > Zenoti Mobile.
The Zenoti Mobile permissions section expands.
3. Locate and select Mask Guest Contact Info.
4. Clive Save.
The Mask Guest Contact Info is unselected by default. This setting will partially mask guest phone numbers and email addresses from being displayed on Zenoti Mobile to employees who are assigned a security role with this permission.
When this permission is enabled, the employees will only be able to see:
The last 4 digits of the phone number.
The last 4 characters of the email address.
This permission will impact the guest search on the Guest tab, Booking Wizard, Calendar View, and the Guest Profile on Zenoti Mobile.
Note: The Mask Guest Contact Info setting will only work on Zenoti Mobile. The users will still be able to see all the guest details on Zenoti Web.