A buy one get one offer is referred to as BOGO discount and has variants. For example, buy one get one free, or buy 2 and get 1 free, or any other combination. You can also create a discount offer, something like buy 2 and get 1 at 50% off.
To create a BOGO discount
Example: Create a buy two products and get one free discount.
1. Navigate to Marketing > Offers > Discounts.
The Manage Discounts page appears.
2. Click Add Discount.
The Create New Discount page appears.
3. Enter the name for the discount and optionally enter a description.
4. For Multiple campaigns can be applied on, select None.
5. Select Discount as Item level.
6. Under Item level, select the Define discount for each selected product option.
7. Click Next until you reach the Products tab.
8. From the Select Type drop-down, select Product.
9. Search for the product by its name.
10. In the Quantity box, enter the quantity of the product that you wish to give as free.
In our example, as we are offering 1 free product, enter 1.
11. As you want to give the product away for free, enter 100% in the Discount box.
12. Click Add.
The discount is added.
13. Click Next until you reach the Product Prerequisites tab.
14. From the Select Type drop-down, select Product.
15. Search for the product by its name.
16. In the Quantity box, enter 2.
17. Click Add.
The pre-requisite is added. This means if the guest purchases, two diamond body creams, the guest will receive 1 gold cream free.
18. Click Save.
The BOGO discount is created. To make the discount active, assign it to a campaign.