After you’ve configured how data in Zenoti is pushed to the accounting platform, you are ready to map data in Zenoti to data in the accounting platform.
Zenoti partners with POSAccounting to push data from Zenoti to the accounting platform.
To map data as journal entries
If you are not on the integration page, based on where you want to set up the integration, navigate to Admin > Organization menu > Organizations > Integrations tab or Admin > Organization menu > Centers > Integrations tab.
Expand the POSAccounting Mapping tab.
4. Click Setup Customer Account.
The POSAccounting window opens.
5. Select the business type as Restaurant.
6. Enter the default customer name and click Next.
7. Add the tax details.
There are four ways you can push tax details to the accounting platform:
Tax at item-level: Not supported for journal entries.
Tax at invoice-level: Enter the tax group code (from Zenoti) in Tax id and map each Tax Id to the respective Tax Name (tax account in the accounting platform).
Tax as a separate item (as tax group): You can map tax as a separate item to the respective tax account in the Add Item section (step-7 in this article) within the POSAccounting form.
You can get the tax group code in Zenoti from the Admin > Set Up > Tax Groups > Manage Tax Groups page at the organization level.
Tax as a separate item (as tax component): You can map tax as a separate item to the respective tax account in the Add Item section (step-7 in this article) within the POSAccounting form.
You can get the tax component name in Zenoti from the Admin > Set Up > Tax Groups > Manage Tax Groups page at the organization level.
After you choose how you want to push tax details, click Next.
8. Currently, Zenoti does not post COGS data. You can ignore the Add Cogs section and enter random values to continue.
9. To enable locations for your accounting platform, click Add Locations, select the desired location, and enter the location detail. Repeat this process for all locations that you want to map.
Read our help article on location mapping.
10. Enter the default sales account for the Service item type and map each item name (based on the configuration) with the respective account name. For example, if you’ve configured to post products based on category, you must enter the product category code from Zenoti in Item Name and map Item Name to the respective income account in the accounting platform.
Note: Do not select the Inventory item type as Zenoti does not support posting of data to COGS and asset accounts.
11. Enter the Zenoti payment type in the Payment Id box and the corresponding payment account (for Xero and NetSuite) or payment method (for Quickbooks Online and Quickbooks Desktop) in the Payment Account box.
12. If you want to configure refunds, from the Miscellaneous tab, select Yes for refunds.
13. Click Finish.
You’ve mapped data as journal entries.