Disclaimer: The steps in this article are pertaining to the configuration on a third party (Facebook) site. Zenoti is not responsible if there are any changes to these steps or processes. The information is provided for your convenience.
Facebook Login is a fast and convenient way for people to create accounts and log in to your Webstore across multiple platforms and OS. Configure the Facebook login to allow your guests to log in to the Webstore using their Facebook credentials.
To set up Facebook Login for Android
- Navigate to the URLhttps://developers.facebook.com
Facebook will prompt you to log in.
- Log in using your Facebook credentials.
The account is created and the Facebook for Developers home page opens.
3. On the Facebook for Developers homepage, hover on the My Apps option.
The Create App option appears.
4. Click Create App. Create a New App ID pop-up appears.
5. Enter the following information:
- Display Name: Enter the name of the app. For example, Social Login.
Note: The Display Name field should not contain the word “Facebook” (so as to adhere to Facebook policy).
- Contact Email: Your Email ID will be auto-populated in this field.
6. Click Create App ID.
You will be requested to complete a reCAPTCHA form.
The Add a Product page appears.
7. For Facebook Login click Setup.
The platform options appear.
8. Select Android as a platform.
9. Click Next multiple times till you reach the section “Tell Us About Your Android Project”.
10. Enter the following details:
- Package Name: The package name is a unique identifier to your Android app.
- To identify your application package name, go to the Google Playstore on your desktop, and navigate to your application page.
- On your application homepage, copy the highlighted portion of the URL. in the image below and paste it in the Package Name field.
For example, if your application name is Spa Bliss, the URL will com.zenoti.spabliss. You must copy after the “=” symbol, till the end.
- Default Activity Class Name: Copy and paste the below class name. This class name handles the deep linking of your app to the Facebook app.
The default activity class name for this configuration will be Application Package Name.screen.login.SocialLoginActivity
11. Click Save.
Note: You will see a prompt stating that there is a problem verifying com.zenoti.<appname>. Do not panic. This is a normal scenario.
12. Click Use this Package Name.
13. Click Continue and move to Add Your Development and Release Key Hashes.
14. Enter any one of the following key hashes:
- For Development: QH1gLxp3sUeWU81rMwc8cGekaKk=
- For Signed APK: 2jmj7l5rSw0yVb/vlWAYkK/YBwk=
15. Click Save.
16. Configure the following and make the app LIVE:
- App Icon: Should be (512*512)
- Turn ON Single Sign-On.
17. Navigate to Settings > Basic.
The Basic settings page opens.
18. Make a note of the App ID and the App Secret ID. You must share App ID and the App Secret ID with the Zenoti Support.
The Facebook Login setup for Android is now complete.