A dispute or a chargeback occurs when a cardholder raises a complaint with their bank or credit card company about a payment made to you.
Disputes are handled by your guest's bank and you must submit evidence to prove that the payment was valid.
Important: You can only submit your evidence once for a disputed transaction. So, it is important that you upload a valid and appropriate document.
To submit evidence for the disputed transaction
- Open the Zenoti Payments - Disputes report.
- Locate the disputed transaction and click Submit Evidence.
3. The Submit Evidence pop-up window appears.
4. Click Next to upload the evidence.
The product information, customer name, and customer email are auto-populated.
5. Click Choose a File to Upload button and select the desired file.
Note: Hover on the Document Format Requirements text to view the file
format requirements for your evidence.
6. Click Submit Evidence Now.
Note: If you have multiple pieces of evidence to submit, ensure that all of
those are submitted in a single document. This is because Zenoti Payments
will accept only one document as evidence. But the document can
contain multiple invoices or receipts.
Zenoti will display a warning message.
7. Click OK to proceed.
You have successfully submitted your evidence for a disputed transaction and
the status of the dispute changes to Under Review.