You can modify both recurring and non-recurring memberships to suit your requirements as they evolve. However, there are aspects of a membership that you cannot change because they will affect the core definition of the membership or transactions that have already taken place for that membership. It is important to understand what you can and cannot change in a membership before you attempt to modify the membership.
Important: Versioning of memberships is turned off by default for all new organizations. This does not affect organizations created before January 2020. What this means is if you edit a membership, any changes you make to a membership affects all current members and any new customers who purchase the membership. If you want to have membership versioning turned on for your organization, reach out to our Support team. To learn more, refer to Fields that affect versioning.
To modify a membership
- At the organization level, go to the Manage Memberships page. (Marketing > Memberships > Memberships)
- Find and select the membership you want to modify. The Edit Membership page appears.
- On the General tab, you can make changes to basic membership information. For instance, you can set the membership as active or inactive. You cannot change the following information on this tab:
- Membership Identification
- Expiration (Fixed, No Expiry)
- Expiry Period (# of months or days)
- Payment Type (Payment Frequency, Payment Installments)
- Membership expires when credits are consumed
- Redemption setting (Limit redemption based on last visit or frequency)
Learn how to set up basic membership information.
- On the Service Credits tab, you can make changes to whether credits can be transferred. This tab appears only if you enable service credits for the membership. You cannot change the following information on this tab:
- How often credits should be given? (Full membership period or Payment frequency)
- Service Credit Quantity
- Wait Time for Next Redemption
Learn how to enable transfer of service credits.
- On the Service Discounts tab, you can make changes to how service discounts are offered. This tab appears only if you enable service discounts for the membership. You cannot change the following information on this tab:
- Discount Type (Percentage or Flat)
Learn how to set up service discounts for a membership.
- On the Product Discounts tab, you can make changes to how product discounts are offered. This tab appears only if you enable product discounts for the membership.
Learn how to set up product discounts for a membership.
- On the Centers tab, you can make changes to center-based customizations applied to the membership. You cannot change the following information on this tab:
- Setup fee
- Initially Recognized Revenue (IRR)
- Monthly Recognized Revenue (MRR)
- Service Credit Revenue (SCR)
- Credit Amount
Learn how to customize a membership plan for a center.
- On the Forms tab, you can modify the list of forms that the customer must fill up to avail the services in the membership.
- In the Catalog tab, you can modify how the membership is offered on Webstore and CMA.
Learn how to display a membership plan on Webstore and CMA.
- On the Social tab, you can update social media information for the membership.
- After you have made the changes, click Save.
You can exit the Edit Memberships page on any tab.
If you want to create a membership that is similar to an existing one, you should consider cloning the membership and make changes in the cloned membership. Learn how to clone a membership.