The rarely used options when creating memberships have been grouped under the Advanced Properties section of the Create Memberships page. These contain options that let you customize memberships and how they are administered.
You can access these options when creating a membership and when you edit a membership.
Depending on your selection for the Membership Benefits field, the options in this section chance.
Note: Some of the options appear depending on the option you selected for Membership Benefits.
The options available in this section are:
- Business Unit: Select the business unit to which the membership applies. This helps you to track the sales or revenues for that particular business unit. - SAC: Enter the Service Accounting Code (SAC).
- Membership Category: If membership categories are created for your organization, select a category for this plan. This is a mandatory field.
- Appointment Category: Select the appointment category to which the membership belongs, from the list.
- Restrict Sale to Specific Time Period: If you want to restrict the time period for which the membership is available, enter the start date and end date here.
- Restrict redemption to only selected services: This option appears only if you have set Membership Benefits to Credit Value or Both. When this option is set to Yes, in the Service Discounts tab, you can select the services that form part of this membership. At the time of collecting payment, the membership benefits will only be applied to these services and not to services that are not part of the membership.
For example, Joanne has purchased the Annual Hair Care Special membership. It gives her a 10% discount on the Hair Cut service. At the same appointment, she also take the Hair Color service. The Hair Color service is not part of the membership. So when the membership is applied to the invoice, Zenoti informs you that she can only use it to pay the price of the Hair Cut service, but not for the Hair Color service.
- Membership expires when credits are consumed: This option is available only for non-recurring memberships, when you set Membership Benefits to Credit Value or Both. This setting cannot be changed once you sold this membership.
- Maximum Credit Redemption Per Invoice: This option is available only when you set Membership Benefits to Credit Value or Both.
- Limit Redemption based on: This option is available only when you set Membership Benefits to Service Credits or Both. Select one of the following:
- Last Visit: Select this to enforce a wait period for a specific number of days
before redeeming the free services again. For example, if a membership offers
ten massages, restrict a guest to wait at least 30 days between each massage.
The frequency can be edited from the Benefits tab.
- Frequency: Select this to enforce how frequently a customer can redeem a free
service based on the frequency you've decided. For example, if a membership
offers 10 massages, and you've defined monthly frequency, the customer is
restricted to redeeming a massage once every calendar month.
- Restrict redemptions to the center at which membership is sold: If you enable this setting, the guest can redeem the membership benefits only at the center at which they bought the membership. This option is not available for non-recurring memberships.
- Restrict membership to upgrade/downgrade and renewals: If this is enabled, the membership will be available only for upgrades, downgrades or renewals. It cannot be sold directly in POS. This option is not available for non-recurring memberships.
- Cancellation Restriction Period (Lock-in Period): Enter the number of months for that the customer must complete before they can cancel the membership.
- Redemption post expiry or cancellation: Select whether customer can continue to redeem credits after cancellation.
- Membership Renewal options: Select the memberships to appear in the Default Membership Renewal option drop down.
Note: The memberships you select also appears in the Change Membership Renewal Detail window in the Membership Details page (Guest Profile > Memberships tab > Membership Membership Details page > Membership Renew Options section > Membership Renewal > Change) when the front desk wants to change the existing membership set to auto-renew by default for a guest.
- Default Membership Renewal option: Select a membership to auto-renew by default on expiry for a guest. The membership appears in the Membership Details page (Guest Profile > Memberships tab > Membership > Membership Details page > Membership Renew Options section > Membership Renewal).
- Membership Upgrade options: Select the options for membership upgrades. This option is not available for non-recurring memberships.
- Membership Downgrade options: Select the options for membership
downgrades. This option is not available for non-recurring memberships.
- Terms & Conditions: Enter your membership Terms and Conditions in the box. These are shown during membership purchase from Webstore, on the receipt for the in-store purchases. Based on the notification settings, these are also sent to the guest's mobile and email. To turn on the Membership Terms & Conditions notification, go to: Admin Dashboard > Organization > Organizations > Email/Text tab > Memberships and Packages.
- Terms & Conditions Acceptance Message: If you enable email or mobile notifications for the membership terms and conditions, a hyperlink is sent in the email or text for the user to accept the terms and conditions. The text you enter in this box is used as the acceptance message from the user.
- Tags: Tags are used to group guests, services, products, employees, packages or memberships based on some criteria. If you have created tags for membership, enter the relevant membership tags in this box. Tags help you to filter membership sales reports.