A macro is a placeholder text that gets replaced with specific data when inserted into an automated email or text message when you create a notification to inform your guests about their appointment. It helps a business to customize its communication with the guests.
For example, when you use the [CenterName] macro, the text in the square brackets gets replaced with the actual center’s name. So, when an email/text message is sent to a guest, the center name where the guest booked a service appears in the message, for example, Carter Avenue.
When creating a template for text or email notification at the organization level, (Admin > Organization > Organizations > Email/Texts tab > Kiosk section > Edit for a notification type) you can make use of the available macros in Zenoti.
You can include information, such as center name, guest name, appointment name, and live wait time for the appointment.
Use the following macros to customize emails or text messages for your appointment wait time:
- [LiveWaitTimeLink]: Link that displays live wait time or queue position for the guest’s appointment.
- [UpcomingAppointmentWaitTime]: Time before the appointment starts for the guest. For example, if you have configured that the guest should receive a notification 30 mins before their appointment start time, an SMS is sent to the guest 30 mins before the start of their appointment.
- [TreatmentList]: List of services scheduled for the appointment.
- [ServiceTherapistList]: List of providers scheduled to perform the services in the appointment.
- [ServiceTherapistTimeList]: Scheduled time for the service and the service name; includes the provider’s name.
- [AppDate]: Date on which the appointment is scheduled.
- [Duration]: Duration of the appointment.
- [AppCost]: Cost of all the services in the appointment.
- [DayofAppointment]: Day on which the appointment is scheduled.
- [EndTime]: Time when the appointment is scheduled to end.
- [InvoiceComments]: Any notes or information about the invoice that you want to share with your guests.
- [ServiceCustomDataLinks]: Link to the custom data form that your guests can use to specify any information essential for services that require careful administration. This data can be a prerequisite for a service. For instance, to effectively administer a hair spa service, you can create custom fields to record the guest name, age, hair density, scalp type, hair texture, preferred oil, among other choices.
- [ServiceDataLinks]: Link to the service data form that your guests can use to specify any additional data related to a service. For example, to effectively perform a service for the guest, you may need to know and record information such as allergies or unwanted reactions to certain products used in a service.
- [VideoURL]: Businesses that have service-specific videos for say, pre- and post-care instructions, would like guests to watch videos related to before/after treatment. In such cases, they can use this macro. The macros get replaced with the Video ID entered in the service-catalog tab.
- [ConfirmText]: The reply SMS that guests can send to confirm their appointment such as Yes, No or Y, N.
- [ConfirmLink]: Link to receive the guest’s confirmation of the appointment.
- [FirstName]: First name of the guest.
- [LastName]: Last name of the guest.
- [Name]: The name of the guest. Usually, it is the first name followed by the last name of the guest.
- [Gender]: Gender of the provider.
- [CenterName]: Name of the center from where the notification is sent.
- [CenterAddress]: Complete address of the center (corresponds to the Address 1 and Address 2 field in the center settings).
- [CenterCity]: City where the center is located.
- [CenterState]: State where the center is located.
- [CenterCountry]: Country where the guest's center is located.
- [CenterZip]: Zip code/postal code of the center’s location.
- [CenterPhone]: Center’s phone number (corresponds to the Phone field in the center’s settings).
- [CenterPhone2]: Secondary phone number provided for the guest's base center (corresponds to the Phone 2 field in the center’s settings).
- [CenterAddlData1]: Additional information about the center, provided in the Additional Text field in the guest's base center (Settings>Invoice& Receipts section).
- [CenterE-mail]: Email address of the center.
- [MailUnsubscribeLink]: Link to unsubscribe and stop receiving marketing and campaign emails.
- [GuestDataLink]: Link to the guest data form that your guests can use to specify their personal information.
- [Visits]: Number of times the guest has visited the base center.
- [DownloadLink]: Link to download the Customer Mobile Application (if enabled by the organization) via Play Store or App Store.
- [GoogleCalendarLink]: Google Calendar Link that the guest receives in the Appointment Reminder notification. Guests click this link to open the Google Calendar and then click Save to save the appointment to their calendar.
- [GCalStartTime]: Start time of the appointment on the Google Calendar.
- [GCalEndTime]: End time of the appointment on the Google Calendar.