After you have reviewed the prerequisites and completed the required configurations, you can proceed to integrate Zenoti with Shopify.
Before you begin, you must reach out to Zenoti Support to get Shopify enabled for your business.
To set up Shopify
- Ensure that you are at the organization level.
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > Organizations > Integrations.
- Expand E-Commerce.
The tabs in E-Commerce appear.
Note: If you do not see the Ecommerce tab on this page, you must reach out to Zenoti Support to get Shopify enabled for your business.
- Apart from the Shop tab, you must set up all of the tabs for the integration.
- Configuration: Requires you to enter store details such as Store URL and API Keys.
- Authorize: Enable/disable Zenoti-Shopify integration.
- Manual Sync: Use this option to update Shopify with your retail offerings and other details such as SKU, available quantity and price.
- Locations: Enter the physical address of the dedicated center for the Shopify store. This can be an existing center as well.
- Payments Mapping: Specify your payment gateway and payment method.
- Sync Schedule: Set up a sync schedule to regularly update Zenoti and Shopify with inventory changes.
Contact Zenoti Support to set up the sync schedule.
- Shop: View a summary of your Shopify store details such as store name, address, and contact information.
- Click Save.
You have successfully integrated Zenoti with Shopify.
Next Step: Set Up the Configuration tab