Auto-Pay cannot be used in an invoice with partial payments. Guests cannot use Auto-Pay in combination with other payment methods such as Pre-paid cards, Gift cards, or Cash.
Julia has a prepaid card of value $40.00, and she booked an appointment for a Balinese Massage worth $100.00. Let us see what happens in this scenario.
The steps are as follows:
The front-desk sees the appointment for Julia on the selected date and time.
The appointment block shows the Auto-pay icon, which indicates that this guest has Auto-pay enabled.
2. Julia enters the center and checks-in to her appointment either from the CMA, the Kiosk, or from the front desk.
3. Julia’s saved card is authorized as soon as she checks-in to her appointment.
For example, if Julia booked an appointment for a Balinese Massage that costs $100.00 and if she configures 10% as her tip, the card will be authorized for a total amount of $110.00 ($100.00 + $10.00).
4. After the services are completed, Julia informs the front desk that she wants to use her prepaid card of value $40.00 as part of the payment.
5. The front desk opens the invoice and adds Julia’s pre-paid card. The front desk sees the following banner on the invoice:
6. Since Auto-pay does not support partial payments, Julia must pay the rest of
the amount in-store.