Guided Access mode of the iPad allows you to limit the usage of the device to a single app. You can also disable the physical buttons or on-screen elements, so that your guests do not open any other apps accidentally, while using the Kiosk.
To set up the guided access
Do the following on the iPad that you use for Kiosk:
- Navigate to Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access.
Guided Access settings screen opens.
- Tap Guided Access toggle to turn it on.
Guided Access is enabled.
- Tap Passcode Settings.
Passcode Settings screen opens.
- Tap Set Guided Access Passcode.
- Enter the Guided Access passcode twice.
Note: iOS prompts you to enter this passcode to end the Guided Access session. You can also add the Touch ID or Face ID in lieu of the passcode.
Guided Access is set up successfully.
To start and end the guided access session
- Open the browser (Safari or Chrome) and navigate to the Kiosk URL.
Kiosk home page opens.
- Press the home button on the iPad 3 times.
Guided Access menu appears.
- Tap Start.
Guided Access session begins.
Your guests can only use the Kiosk and cannot access other apps.
4. To end the session, press the home button thrice again.
Guided Access menu reappears.
5. Tap End.
Guided Access session ends.
You can customize the way your on-screen elements and the device buttons behave. For more information, please refer to the Apple iOS Guided Access manual.