You can return payments processed by Worldpay using Zenoti.
Note: Worldpay (previously known as Vantiv) will allow you 45 days to refund a transaction.
This article covers
- How to return a transaction within 45 days of payment
- How to return a transaction after 45 days of payment
You can request refund for the following cards:
- Credit Cards
- Signature Debit Cards
- PIN based Debit Cards
Refund request within 45 days
If a guest approaches you for a transaction refund within 45 days of payment, you can process the refund via Zenoti in the following ways:
- From a Closed Invoice: Learn how to Refund an online debit card/credit card payment of a closed invoice.
- From an Open Invoice: Learn how to Refund an online debit card/credit card payment of an open invoice
Refund request after 45 days
If a guest approaches you for a refund after 45 days of payment, you can use Worldpay’s website: http://accessmyiq.com/ to process returns and void transactions.
If you have any questions or concerns related to refund process, please call Worldpay’s customer care at 800-846-4472.
Create a custom refund entry in Zenoti
After you have processed the reversal from Worldpay’s site, make a note of the transaction ID. Ensure that you add a custom refund in Zenoti, so that, the refund can be tracked in Zenoti.
Watch the video to learn how to add a custom refund
Here are the steps to make a custom refund entry in Zenoti:
- Open Guest Profile and go to Appointments tab.
- Click Refund icon.
Refund screen appears.
- Select the items to refund and enter the refund amount against each item.
- Click Proceed to Refund.
Payment methods tab in the Refund screen appears.
- Under Amounts to refund section, enter refund amount in the Custom field.
- Click Notes icon to add Worldpay transaction details against the custom payment.
Transaction details window appears.
a. Payment Data: Select appropriate custom payment type.
b. Additional Data: Enter Worldpay Transaction ID.
c. Click Save.
- Click Refund.
Invoice is generated for the custom refund.
- Verify the details and close the invoice.