There might be instances when a guest is not satisfied with the service and may ask for a refund. In Zenoti Mobile, you can initiate a refund for a particular service or multiple services.
You can refund using one or more payment types, or by issuing store credits (prepaid card).
Important: To be able to refund, you must have the required permissions. Administrators and owners have this permission enabled for the roles by default. However, an admin can set the permissions for a role at the organization level by accessing Admin > Organization > Security Roles > Role Name > Permissions tab > Appointment Book > Service Refund.
To Open the Invoice
1. From Zenoti Mobile, tap the POS tab.
The Invoices screen appears.
2. In the Invoice # box, enter the invoice number or scroll down to the invoice that
you want to refund.
3. To open the receipt, tap the invoice.
The Receipt screen appears.
4. Tap Refund.
The Refund screen appears.
5. Select the service and enter the amount you want to refund in the Refund Amount box.
The total refund amount and SSG (if chosen to refund) appear at the bottom of the screen.
6. Tap Proceed.
The options to select a refund method appear.
7. Choose how you want to refund the payment by tapping one of the following tabs:
Payment Methods: You can use the payment options to refund the amount to the guest’s account.
- To initiate a refund, select a payment type and enter the refund amount in the
corresponding box for a payment type.
Alternatively, you can also split the amount across multiple payment types.
Note: If you’re refunding by using the Credit card, Check, or Custom payment options, enter the required transaction details.
Prepaid Card: You can issue store credits that the guest can use to purchase another service or item.
- The tab displays the prepaid card value equal to the refund amount. The card number is assigned automatically.
8. Tap Refund.
The Take Payment screen appears and displays the refunded amount details.
If you are using a gift card or a credit card as the payment type for a guest, you can only refund the amount directly to the card that was used to pay towards the service.
For integrated credit processing, you need not enter the card details, since Zenoti automatically refunds the amount to the card from which the amount was received.
If the payment was made through a debit card, you will receive an alert to swipe the debit card, after which, Zenoti completes the refund process.