A lot of businesses typically do not record tips in the software; instead, they overcharge the guest’s card and return the excess amount in cash that the guest may use o tip the provider.
For example, a guest is charged $150 for an invoice amount of $135, where the guest wants to tip $15. In this way, Cashback allows a guest to withdraw cash (to tip the provider) while paying through a card.
Important: You can process cashback only on credit/debit card payments.
Before you Begin
Enable cashback from Admin > Organizations > Settings > Invoice & Receipt > Invoice Settings and select Enable Cashback.
To give cashback to your guests
- Launch the POS window of an appointment for which you want to process the payment.
- In the Collect Payment section, click Credit/Debit.
- (Optional) In the Cashback field, enter the amount the guest wants as cashback.
Example: $8. The Amount field automatically gets updated.
Alternatively, add the cashback amount directly in the Amount field. Zenoti calculates the cashback amount and prompts you with the following message to confirm that you want to use the extra amount as cashback.
4. Process the card payment as you regularly do.
Zenoti deducts the total amount including the cashback amount.
Important: After the payment is processed, you must give the requested cash to your guest from the cash in your register. Zenoti automatically adjusts the cash in register by deducting the cashback amount.
The adjusted amount is reflected in the Close Payments page and in the Register Closure report.
Note: Zenoti does not support cashback for group invoices.
Can I Edit, Refund, Void, or Delete a cashback amount?
Based on the cards (online or offline) you use to process the payments with, you can edit, refund, void, or delete a cashback amount.
If you have processed the payment through online credit cards:
- You can void the credit/debit card transaction by opening the invoice.
- You cannot edit or refund the cashback amount for closed invoices.
If you have processed the payment through offline credit cards:
- You can delete the payment transaction (if you have the required permissions).
Note: If you choose to void or delete a transaction after giving the cashback amount to your guest, collect the cashback amount from your guest and ensure that you put it back in the register.