You can copy the list of products available in a purchase order to a transfer order for two reasons:
- Your vendor needs more time to deliver the products and one of the centers under your organization have the products in stock. You can raise a transfer order to this center and refill the stock.
- Your center is the warehouse for other centers and you need to transfer the products. You purchase the products from the vendor for all centers and transfer them to the other centers.
Note: In case of the franchisee model, your center must be acting as a vendor and the franchisees must procure products from your center. In this case, the centers must use a purchase order. You can copy the purchase order to another purchase order.
Example: Let’s say that your center acts as a vendor and you supply the stock to other centers under your organization. You procure 100 Green Tea Face Scrubs through a purchase order and you must transfer half of the quantity to a center in Westbury.
Since you must transfer the same product, instead of entering it manually, you can simply copy the product details from this purchase order to a transfer order.
To copy purchase order details over to a transfer order
- Go to Inventory > Procurement > Orders.
The Manage Purchase Orders & Transfers page appears.
- Locate the order.
- Click the Ref# number of the purchase order you want to open.
The Purchase Order page appears.
- Click Copy To Transfer.
The Copy To Transfer window appears.
5. Select one of the two options:
- Transfer From: Receive product from another center
- Transfer To: Transfer products from your center
Note: The center you select on Copy To Transfer window cannot be changed later.
6. Select the center name.
Note: If you do not see the desired center name in the list,
7. Click OK.
The Edit a Transfer Order page appears.
Products that are available in the original purchase order appears in the new transfer order only when:
- Products are mapped to the vendor in the receiving center
- Products are associated with the receiving center
8. (Optional) Edit the product details. You also add or remove products.
9. (Optional) Complete the fields such as Shipping and Handling charges, Invoice#, and Shipment details.
10. (Optional) Click Save to save the order and edit it later.
11. Click Save & Raise.
The transfer order is raised. You must email it to the vendor.