At times, it makes better sense to raise purchase orders in bulk. Doing so not only helps save time, it also controls what is being ordered, when, and by whom. You can ask your staff, for example, the store supervisor to create purchase orders based on the available stock. And, when these orders are created, you can raise them to the vendor.
Your organization may give the inventory manager at each center the permissions to raise bulk purchase orders or may choose to restrict this ability to only the inventory manager at the organization level. Managers with this permission can, therefore, act as approvers for purchase orders created.
Before you begin, ensure that:
- Purchase Orders are created
- Role that is raising purchase orders in bulk, have the following security role permission enabled:
Admin > Security Roles > Role > Permissions > Inventory Manager > Raise_Order
To raise purchase orders in bulk:
- Navigate to Inventory > Procurements > Orders.
The Manage Purchase Orders & Transfers page appears.
Note: You can be at the Org level to raise orders across your centers or be at your center level to raise orders from your center.
- Locate for the created purchase orders as follows:
- Select List of Orders from the Select a Report drop-down list.
- Select Purchase Orders from the Order Type drop-down list.
- Select Created from the Status drop-down list.
- Click Refresh.
A list of created purchase orders is displayed. You can enter the specific order number or order notes in the Search box to look for a specific order in the search result.
3. Select the desired purchase orders and click Raise or Raise & EMail.
- If you click Raise, the purchase orders are raised with your vendors offline. You can email the orders to vendors using the Email To Vendors button.
- If you click Raise & Email, Zenoti checks if you have valid vendor emails configured. In case vendor emails go missing, Zenoti prompts you to enter the email addresses for these vendors.
Note: The email address that you specify here gets automatically updated on the Vendor page.
Note: If you want to CC the inventory owner of your center on all emails going out to vendors, ensure you have a valid email address configured for the Inventory Owner you select under Admin > Organization > Centers > Name of the Center > Settings > General > Inventory Owner.