Important: The organization level setting Allow selling custom packages not based on template (Admin> Organizations > Organizations > Settings > Packages) controls whether the front desk can create custom packages that are not based on templates.
To create a custom package without a template
Click any open slot on the Appointment Book and select Custom Packages from the context menu.
The Create Custom Package window opens.
Enter guest details.
For existing guests: Select the checkbox Search for customers across centers if you want to search for guests belonging to all your centers.Start entering a guest’s name and select a name from the list of matching results.
For new guests: Click Create new guest. A new window opens. You need to enter guest details in this window. Note: If you choose to create a new guest, you need to enter the new guest’s details in a new window.
Once you enter a guest’s name, the guest’s name appears in the top panel. You can change the guest by clicking the ‘X’ icon that appears after the guest name.
3. Enter a Package Name or continue with the auto-filled name. If you choose to enter a different name, first select the Package Category and Template from the Package Details section before entering the Package Name.
4. Click Add Description to enter a short description for the custom package.
5. From the option Create package using, select No Template.
6. Select a Package Category depending on the kind of package you are creating for the guest.
7. Select the Business Unit relevant for the package.
8. Select the name of the person making the sale using the Sale By drop-down list.
9. Select the name of the person who will act as the primary counselor, guide or point of contact for the guest in his/her subsequent visits using the Therapist drop-down list.
10. Start adding services to the package using Add Service or Add Category button (click the arrow mark to the right of Add Service to view the Add Category button).
11. Select the service from the drop-down list. Enter the Quantity of the service and any Discount you would like to provide on the service. Click Add.
12. Add a service category or sub-category by clicking Add Category.
13. Select the Service Category and select the Sub-category. Enter the Quantity of services to be added to the package and enter the Discount value. Click Add.
You can add more services or categories depending on the guest requirements or make edits to services already added.
12. Start adding Products to the package using the Add Product or Add Category button (click the arrow mark to the right of Add Product to view the Add Category button).
13. Select the Product from the drop-down list. Enter the Quantity of the Product and any Discount you would like to give on the product. Click Add.
14. Add a Product Category or Sub-category by clicking Add Category.
15. Select the Product Category and Sub-category. Enter Quantity of products to be added to the package. Enter the Discount value. Click Add.
You can add more products or categories depending on the guest requirements or make edits to products already added.
16. View the Package price that appears depending on the services/ products you have added to the package. You can edit the package price depending on the extent of discount you would like to provide to your guest on the package sale.
17. Select the Validity Model based on the nature of the package.
For example, if it’s a fixed term package you can choose Fixed Value or if the package validity depends on the frequency of guest visits and the number of treatments added to the package you can choose Maximum Frequency, Sum of All Frequencies, or Mixed Model.
18. If you selected Fixed Value in the previous step, choose the Expiration date or the Number of days in which the package will expire.
If you selected any other Validity Model in the previous step, Zenoti determines the expiration accordingly.
19. Click Create Package.
Zenoti shows the Invoice/collect payments screen with break-up of the cost.
The guest needs to pay either the full amount or part of the amount to start redeeming benefits of the custom package.
Important: The organization level setting Enable redemptions on open package (Admin> Organizations > Organizations > Settings > Packages) controls whether guests can make partial payments towards packages and redeem package benefits. At any point in time, the guest can redeem services up to the amount they have paid for.