Chipper 2X BT card reader is shipped to you with a certain version of firmware. The firmware of the card reader helps connect the device with Zenoti Mobile via iPad to process card payments.
Occasionally, Stripe may release updates to the firmware that you need to install in the card reader.
In this article, you will learn how to check the updates and install them into the connected card reader from Zenoti Mobile.
- To check and install firmware updates, Chipper 2X BT card reader should be connected to the Zenoti Mobile app from an iPad.
- Only one card reader can be connected to an iPad at a time.
- Do not manually pair the device. Pairing through the iOS Settings > Bluetooth page makes the device unavailable to connect to your Zenoti Mobile. The card reader will automatically pair with iPad, while taking a payment.
- The card reader shows up in the Connected Card Readers list (under Zenoti Mobile Settings), only if at least one transaction was processed using the device.
To check and install firmware of BBPOS
- Login to Zenoti Mobile.Appointments view appears by default.
- Tap Settings.
Settings screen appears.
- Tap Connected Card Readers.
The screen shows the device number of the card reader you are currently connected to.
- Tap the info icon against the device number.
Stripe Terminal screen appears, showing the software version and a link:
Check for update.
5. Tap Check for update.
If there are updates, the link: Install update appears.
Note: If there are no updates to the firmware, a message appears that there is no
6. Tap Install update.
Zenoti installs the updates to the firmware of Chipper 2X BT card reader
connected to it. Once the updates are 100% installed, a success message
appears on the screen.
You can proceed with taking payments using the card reader.