Customer retention is the ability of a company to retain its customers over a period of time. As a business owner, you can use this dashboard to understand the service volumes of retained guests vs non retained guests also split by gender.
The Service Volume dashboard has the following filters:
- Start Date, End Date: Use these filters to specify the date range to track details regarding appointment time at your centers. For example, which day of the week and which time of the day do guests prefer for appointments. Note: These filters apply to all the charts.
- Retention (in Days): Use this option to specify the Retention period in days such as 30, 60, 90 days.
- Zone Name: Use this option to filter all the charts based on the Zone you select.
- Centre Name: Use this option to filter all the charts by the Center you select.
- Guest Gender: Use this option to filter all the charts by Male, Female, or Not Applicable or All guests respectively.
- Guest Type: Use this filter to specify the Guest Type such as Existing Guest, New Guest, or All.
- Is Member: Use this filter to specify whether you want to see data only about guests who are members.
- Service Category: Use this option to filter based on service category. For example, if you choose hair services as the business unit earlier, you can further filter down to services such as hair spa, hair treatments, and hair replacements.
- Service Name: Use this option to filter based on name of the service - for example hair color.
Guest Retention by Average Service Volume
This line graph shows the average service volume for guests who are retained for the month, quarter, or for 6 months vs guests who are not retained in the time period you specify (using the Start and End date filters). You can hover your mouse over the line chart for further details.
Guest Retention by Service Volume and Gender
You can refer to this dashboard to get insights into total customers retained vs not retained bifurcated by gender. You can see high service volume and low service volume numbers for each category (retained vs not retained guests). You can also compare the numbers to see whether they on average take more services than the average of the business as a whole.
Average Service Volume per Visit
This line graph shows the average spend per customer month on month - you can hover your mouse over the line chart for further details. If the period you select (Start and End time in filters) is more than a year, then the data for each year appears in different colors.