What is in this article?
This article provides the following information:
- Browser compatibility
- Recommended operating systems
- Recommended CPU
- Recommended memory
- Recommended screen resolution
- Browser configuration
- Browser Plugins
- Page file size
- Internet speed and hardware
- Internet splitters
- Recommended receipt printing configuration
- Zenoti performance improvement
Zenoti’s web-based software currently supports the following browsers and operating systems:
- Google Chrome (version 52 or later)
- Mozilla Firefox (version 47 or later)
- Safari for Mac only (version 8 or later)
If you have set up integration with a credit card processing device with any provider other than Zenoti Payments, we recommend disabling any auto-update features of the browser and any dependent technology (like Java) based on the integration you're using.
We do not recommend the use of the following browsers: Internet Explorer, Opera, and Microsoft Edge.
- If you are using a biometric device, use only Mozilla Firefox
- Our testing suggests that Chrome provides the best performance when running Zenoti.
Recommended Operating Systems
Windows: You must use Windows 7 or above, with the latest Windows Updates applied.
For better performance, we recommend you to use Windows 10.
Mac: Use Mac OS 10.6 or later
Zenoti will work optimally with Windows machines with Intel i3, i5 and i7 processors. If you run a busy center with a lot of appointments (100+) investing in fast machine will make operations smoother for you.
- Run a performance benchmark test on https://www.passmark.com/ to check your computer's performance.
- The CPU Mark on machines for optimal performance should be greater than 5000 (Typically an Intel i3 Processor or better)
Zenoti will work with Windows machines with 4 GB RAM. For optimal performance, we recommend the following:
- 8 GB RAM for centers that are managing 100+ appointments per day
- 12 - 16 GB RAM for centers that are managing 200+ appointments a day.
Recommended Screen Resolution
For optimal viewing of the Appointment Book, we recommend that you set the screen resolution to 1280x1024 (in pixels) or higher. Learn how to change the screen resolution here.
- Cookies must be enabled. Learn how to enable cookies here.
We recommend that you do not add many browser plugins as they tend to keep running on the background and eat into your internet speed.
We recommend that you periodically review the browser plugins on your computer and disable the ones you do not require.
Learn how to disable plugin in Mozilla Firefox and Chrome.
Page File Size
If your center manages over 200+ appointments a day, on the drive where the operating system is not installed, we recommend that you set the minimum (initial size) page file size to 1.5x of RAM and maximum to 3x of RAM.
To know how to change the page file size, see the Change the size of virtual memory section of this article.
- Minimum: 4 Mbps internet speed
- Recommended: 8 ~ 20 Mbps internet speed
Tip: To verify if your internet and hardware meet our recommendations, do the following:
- Run a test on http://www.speedtest.net/ and confirm the upload and download speed.
- Run a performance benchmark test on https://www.passmark.com/ to check your computer's performance. The CPU Mark on machines for optimal performance should be greater than 5000 (Typically an Intel i3 Processor or better)
If you allows your guests and employees to use the internet at your center for browsing from their personal devices, we recommend that you create two separate networks, one for your guests and employees for their personal use, and one for Zenoti with an internet speed of at least 4 Mbps (recommended 8 Mbps). This way, you can limit the chances of service degradation due to network congestion.
Recommended Receipt Printing Configuration
Zenoti Performance Improvement
Power-saving options in laptop and other devices (that run on battery), slow down the appointment book and other pages in Zenoti. With power-saving option on, whether the device is connected to the external power source, or is working on it's battery, the performance is slowed down.
Troubleshoot: We recommend you to turn off or disable the power-saving option in your device to improve the performance.