A cash drawer connects to your receipt printer and opens when you finish a cash or a check (cheque) transaction while the printer prints the receipt. Learn more: Add Cash Registers
To set up a cash drawer with your iPad:
- Plug the RJ12 connector cable from the cash drawer into the receipt printer.
- Open the Vend Register app and tap the menu button to open the sidebar menu.
- Tap Settings and select Hardware.
- Select the printer you want to attach to the cash drawer.
- On the Printer Settings page in Register, update Cash drawer enabled to On.
- Update Open cash drawer on Sale to On.
Your cash drawer is now set up for your iPad.