Tags are used to group guests, services, products, employees, packages or memberships based on some criteria. For example, you could create a tag called “Elite” and then, in the guest profile, assign this tag to specific guests. You can then create a target segment and send out promotional offers to all guests who are tagged as Elite.
Similarly, You can also create a tag of type Service and assign a Custom Form. When you assign the tag to a service, the custom form also gets assigned to the service.
Example: Lets say you have created "Clinical Facial" tag and assigned a consent form to the tag. Now, if you assign the Clinical Facial tag to 3D and Pumpkin Facial services, both these services will have the same consent form to be filled.
Learn more: Associate HTML Forms with a Service
To create a tag
- Ensure that you are at the organization level.
- Navigate to Admin > Setup > Tags.
- Click Add at the top-right corner of the page.
4. Enter a tag Name such as Diagnostic Treatments.
5. Enter the Display Name for the tag. This is the name that will appear when you
select a tag to group of guests, services, products, employees, packages or
memberships. This can be different from the tag Name.
6. Based on your requirement, select Type as one of the following:
7. (Optional) If you select the type as Service, you can additionally choose to assign
a custom form. The form you select here is assigned to the service you assign this
Learn more: Custom Forms Validity: Overview
Example: If you create a tag "Clinical Facial" and assign a consent form, and if you
assign the Clinical Facial tag to 3D Facial service, the consent form is also
assigned the 3D Facial service.
8. Enter a Description for the tag such as ‘Includes all the services under the
Diagnostic treatment'. This description helps you understand the purpose and
usability of this tag when you view them later.
9. Click Finish.
The following takes place:
- You have successfully created a tag.
- You can now assign the tag to guests, services, products, employees, packages or memberships from their profile pages.
Tip: After you create and assign the tag, you can:
- Use the same custom form (example, consent form) for all services with the same tag.
- Use the Guest tag to create a custom target segment.
- Use the Employee tag to filter employee names that appear in the Appointment Book.
- Filter sales reports by tag type on services, products, packages, or memberships.