Zenoti enables the businesses in the Philippines to use the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) format for invoicing. When you enable BIR receipt for a center, the system allows you to select the following three tax categories in the invoice, and the receipts show the appropriate amount against each one of these: VATable Sales, VAT Zero-Rated Sales, and VAT-Exempt Sales.
To enable BIR receipts
- Ensure that you are at the center level.
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > Centers > click the name of the center > Settings.
- Expand Invoice & Receipt.
- Click the Receipt Printer option.
Note: BIR receipt is only supported for the standard receipt printer format.
- Click the BIR receipt checkbox.
Note: Once the BIR receipts are enabled, Zenoti prints two copies for all receipts - original and a duplicate.
The original as well as the duplicate receipts print with the following tax details:
- Sub Total (# items) - shows the total price of all the sale items included in the invoice before applying the tax.
- VATable Sales - shows the sale amount on which VAT is applied.
- VAT Zero-rated Sales - shows the sale amount on which VAT isn't applicable. It is applicable for guests who belong to organizations that are exempt from paying tax.
VAT-Exempt Sales - shows the sale amount on which VAT is not applicable, and which also are eligible for a 20% discount. VAT-Exempt Sales are applicable for senior citizens.
Note: You can see a DUPLICATE header on the duplicate receipts, and a Deleted watermark on the receipts that are deleted.