Depending on their experience and expertise, different providers can complete a service in different time duration. By knowing the preferred time intervals of providers, you will be able to book appointments effectively for them, leading to higher employee utilization.
As an administrator, you can determine if you want to enable the ability to set booking intervals of the providers as per their preference. Once enabled, you can specify the preferred interval for each provider in their employee details page.
The Appointment Book shows bookable slots as per preferred interval of the respective provider.
Preferred booking interval setup is a two-step process:
- Enable ‘Preferred Booking Interval’ at the Organization level
- Set a Booking Interval for a Provider
Enable ‘Preferred Booking Interval’ at the Organization level
- At the organization level, navigate to Admin > Organization > Organizations > Settings > Appointment Book.
- Select the Enable therapist preferred booking interval checkbox.
Note: When you select the checkbox, two fields are enabled for editing:
a. Booking Interval Label (just below the Enable therapist preferred
booking interval checkbox)
b. Employee Booking Interval drop-down list in the Employee details page
(Center level > Employee > Employees > Select Employee > General
- By default, Booking Interval Label contains the text: ‘BOOK’. You can change the text if required; the text you enter can be up to 5 characters.
Note: The text entered for Booking Interval label appears on the Appointment Book, only after you have selected an interval from the Employee Booking Interval drop-down list for a provider (Center level > Employee > Employees > Select Employee > General tab).
- Click Save.
Next, set the preferred booking interval of a provider in their Employee details page.
Set a Booking Interval for a Provider
- At the center level, navigate to Employee > Employees.
- Select a provider from the Employee list view.
Manage Employees page of the selected provider appears.
- Under the General tab, scroll down to the Job Info section.
- From the Employee Booking Interval drop-down list, select an interval as per provider’s preference.
- Click Save to save the preferred interval.
After setting up the booking interval for a provider, users who can access Appointment Book can see the bookable slots of the provider.