The Zenoti Webstore allows your guests to schedule the date and time for appointments, specify providers of their choice, and even purchase products online. The Webstore is therefore a convenient interface that offers your guests a chance to keep track of new services and products that you launch.
As a user with the Owner role, you can set up and customize the Webstore to suit your businesses’ branding requirements. The Webstore helps showcase your marketing strategies and can go a long way in increasing revenues.
An example of a sample Webstore:
Set Up and Customize the Webstore
Users (with the Owner role) can customize the Webstore using inbuilt templates. The templates are intuitive to use and need no programming skills. You can modify these templates as per your businesses’ branding needs.
To set up the Webstore using the Simple template:
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > Organizations > Catalog tab > Simple Template and then click Go To Settings.
- Select Simple Template and then click Go To Settings to customize the template as per your organization's brand preferences.
The Webstore settings section looks like this:
Understand the Fields in the Simple Template
Branding Look and Feel: This section allows you to select colors for primary and secondary buttons, containers, and text. You can also specify the fonts to use and specify details for background containers of your Webstore.
Learn more about customizing your Branding Look and Feel
Labels: This section allows you to personalize labels such as Center, Employee, Booking Button Label that you will use in your Webstore.
Learn more about customizing Labels based on your Webstore.
General: This section allows you to control how your Webstore will appear. You can customize details such as:
- Show or hide your employee photo when guests book appointments.
- Specify header logo position and the header goto URL.
- Add footer information and thank you page.
Learn more about customizing General settings based on your Webstore.
4. Save as Draft: This option allows you to save the changes you made to the
Webstore. Note that this option is not the same as publishing - that is, you cannot
see the changes you have made to the Webstore if you use this option because you have not yet published the changes.
5. Preview: This option allows you to preview your Webstore with your current settings - you can get a sense of how the Webstore will appear once it is published.
6. Publish: This option allows you to publish your Webstore - your Webstore is now available to your customers. Customers can now use the Webstore to book appointments and purchase products.
7. Collapse: This option allows you to show or hide sections of the Webstore.
8. Show Preview: This button is available next to Custom Header, Footer, and
Thank you Page fields. If you have a html or CSS code corresponding to your
website’s header, footer, and Thank you page, you can copy-paste in the
respective fields and click Show Preview to see the preview of the content.
9. Hide Preview: This button is available after Show Preview button.
corresponding to the Custom Header, Footer, and Thank you Page fields. After
seeing the preview of Header, Footer, or Thank you Page, click Hide Preview to
close the preview.