To set up a custom package template so that the front desk may use these templates to customize packages for guests, you first need to enter general information.
To enter general information for a custom package template
- Ensure that you are at the organization level.
- Go to Admin > Resources > Packages.
- Click Add.
- Enter the following information under the General tab:
- Package Name: Enter a name for the package. For example: Weight loss 5 kg - 7 kg.
- Description: Enter a description for the package. Other users may find such descriptions useful as they can understand why you created this package template.
- HTML Description: Enter the description for your package in HTML. This is useful if you want to publicize your package on the Webstore.
- Business Unit: Select the business unit for the package. For example, Slimming.
Package Type: Select Series Package and then select Custom Package Template.
Note: If you select Regular, it means you are creating a regular series package. If you select Offer, it means you are creating an offer such as buy 3 services and get 1 service free.
- Package Category: Select the appropriate package category such as Weight Loss Programs.
- SAC: Enter the Service Accounting Code (SAC) for the package. Applies only if you have enabled GST, India for your organization.
- Package Code: Enter a code for the package template. You can use this code to easily search and find a package template.
Allow package cost to be inclusive of bundled products:
Select this checkbox if you want the cost of the bundled products to be included in the package price.
Note: If you want to charge the guests separately for the bundled products, leave this checkbox blank (or cleared).
You can further select one for the following options:
a) Package price should be more than products price (selected by default)
b) Package price can be less than products price
If you select this option, then you can also enter details for Percentage of price to be allocated to products __ %.
Example: If the package cost is $1000 and you specify 70% as the Percentage of price to be allocated to products, Zenoti allocates $700 as product sale and $300 as the package/service sale.
Tip: You can include bundled products in the Products tab when you are setting up a package.
Schedule: Enter the payment-related details in this section.
Important: The organization level setting Enable redemptions on open package (Admin> Organization > Organizations > Settings > Packages) controls whether guests can make partial payments towards packages and redeem package benefits. At any point in time, the guest can redeem services up to the amount they have paid for.
Note: These settings that you configure to collect recurring payments for packages and memberships are called Dunning settings. For packages, these settings apply only to collections made by card payments, while Dunning settings for memberships apply to collections made by all payment types.
- Payment frequency___ days/weeks/months: Enter the frequency with which you want the guest to make payments. For example, if you enter 1 month here, it means the guest has to pay every month for the package.
- First payment starts ___ days from sale: Specify the number of days from the date of sale when the guests’ payment schedule will start. For example, if you enter 7 days here, Zenoti charges the guest the first installment, 7 days after the guest purchases a custom package that uses this custom package template.
- Initial Recognition: Indicate how much value in percentage do you want to recognize from the sale of a custom package that is based on this custom package template. For example, if the cost of the package is $200 and you enter 20% here, Zenoti recognizes $40 as the Initial Recognition at the time of the sale of the package. This figure reflects in all revenue-related reports. Learn more: Sales, Collection, and Revenue in Reports
Time period validity: You can use this option to specify details about the validity of the package. Select any one of these options from the drop-down list.
Select validity model
Maximum service frequency among all
Sum of all service frequencies
Note: You can view these options only if the organization level setting Show validity models for packages is selected from Admin > Organizations > Organizations > Settings > Packages.
- Expiry ___ days or on dd/mm/yyyy: Enter the number of days in which the custom package will expire or specify the date on which the custom package will expire. You will see this option only if you select the option Fixed Value for the setting Time period validity above.
Auto-renew package on expiry (Yes/No): Specify Yes if you want Zenoti to auto-renew the package on expiry (the default setting is No). Renewing packages in this way makes it easier for you to retain your guests and also saves time on administrative tasks.
If you choose to auto-renew the package, Zenoti renews the package with exactly the same properties as of the date of expiry. This includes the services, visit frequency, and the name of the employee who was responsible for selling the package (Sold by employee name).
Note that the front desk can alter some properties of custom packages (based on a template) such as payment schedules. For example, if the template Schedule has 3 installments to be paid monthly, and a guest wants to pay in 5 monthly installments, the front desk can edit the custom package suitably when selling the package.
Note: You can offer discounts (flat amount or as a percentage) to guests who agree to auto-renew their package from the Centers tab (using the Discount on Renewal option). Learn more: Specify the Centers where the Custom Package Template will be Available
Note: When you auto-renew packages, Zenoti does not copy the bundled products from the original package.
Freeze Count: Select one of the options from the drop-down list to indicate if you want an administrator or owner to be able to freeze the package. At times guests may be unable to avail the services of the package due to long travel or illness. In such cases, administrators may freeze the package so that the validity of the package is extended and the guest can avail the benefits of the services of the package.
None: If you select None it means you don’t want administrators to be able to freeze the custom package.
Limited: If you select Limited, you need to specify the number of times an administrator can freeze the custom package. For example, if you enter 2 here, it means an administrator can freeze the custom package only two times.
Unlimited: If you select Unlimited, it means an administrator can freeze the package any number of times.
Important: The organization level setting Enable package freeze (Admin> Organizations > Organizations > Settings > Packages) controls whether you view the Freeze Count option while creating the custom package template.
- Grace Period ____ days: Specify the number of days that you want to offer as Grace Period to the guest. The Grace Period is the number of days you want to allow the guest to be able to avail the benefits of the package after the package expires.
- Redemption Requirement ____ days in ____ visits: Enter the redemption requirement details which is the gap between service redemptions in days. Zenoti calculates guest regularity based on this. For example, if you enter 7 days and 4 visits, and there is a gap of 10 days between two redemptions for a particular guest, Zenoti considers such a guest as irregular.
- Visit Frequency Adjustment: Define how frequently a guest must take a service. For example, after a guest avails one service of the package (laser hair removal) then the guest should not avail the next service before 30 days. If there are 5 such sessions of this single service in the package, then the validity of the package is 150 days (5*30=150).
- Terms and Conditions: Enter any terms and conditions that you want to specify whether it is about the services, pricing, validity, or disclaimers.
- Start validity at first redemption: Select this checkbox if you want the package validity period to start after the guest redeems the first session of the package. At times, guests may purchase a package but may not be able to redeem package benefits for a few months due to personal circumstances (illness, travel). In such cases, you may specify that the validity of the package should start only after the guest redeems some benefit.
- Enable manual override of price: Select this option if you want to allow the front desk to override the package price while creating a custom package based on this custom package template (from the Appointment Book).
- Allow to change service-level discount for custom packages: Select this checkbox if you want the front desk to be able to change the service-level discounts for custom packages.
- Allow to change product-level discount for custom packages: Select this checkbox if you want the front desk to be able to change the product-level discounts for custom packages.
- Active: Select this checkbox if you want the package to be active. When the front desk searches for custom package templates while creating custom packages, they can view only Active packages.
Tags: Select the appropriate tags from the drop-down list. For example, Weight loss, Custom package. Tags are useful while searching for packages.
Note: You can create new tags from the organizational level from Admin > Setup > Tags > Add.
5. Click Next.
Next step: Enter Service details for the custom package template