When you sell a membership from the current date, the membership billing cycle begins the same day. Also, the payment mode that you use for the first membership charge, like cash or credit card, is used for all the remaining membership drafts. However, if you pay the first charge using prepaid or gift cards, the default payment mode for the next drafts becomes cash.
You can change the payment mode after you sell the membership.
To sell a recurring membership
- Open POS and enter the necessary guest details.
- In the lower left-hand pane of the window, click the Membership tab.
- From the Membership drop-down list, select the recurring membership that the guest wants to sing up for.
Note: Zenoti auto fills the membership price and if there is a description, shows it next to the Membership field. Check the details to see if you selected the right membership.
- In the Sale By list, select the name of the employee who sold the membership.
- In the Bill Date field, the current date is selected by default. You can schedule the billing date for future, in which case this invoice remains open until the future date.
- Click Add Membership.
- Use the Collect Payment section to take payment for the membership.
You can optionally do the following while selling the membership:
- To apply any discount, enter the amount in the Discount on Invoice box and click the arrow next to it.
- If the customer has a cash back or a custom coupon which is redeemable on the membership, enter the coupon number in the Coupon # field and click the arrow button next to it to apply it.
- If there is any active marketing campaign going on for the membership, click Campaign list and select the campaign.
Note: If you apply any of the above on the first recurring payment, the same offer applies to all the remaining membership drafts. For example, if you applied a discount of $50 on the first payment of a $300 recurring membership, all the following invoices for recurring payments would be generated for $250.