With recurring memberships, members redeem benefits on a recurring basis in sync with their payment cycle.
Memberships benefits include the following:
- Credits: Credits in a value higher than the membership price. For example, you can give $130 credit value for a payment of $100 for a membership.
- Service Credits: Free services that are included as part of the membership.
- Discounts: Discount on specific (or all) services.
When you are creating a recurring membership, you need to setup one or a combination of the above benefit types on specific services or service categories. After you set up benefits, you can setup relevant conditions around the use of these benefits. These include how often can the benefits can be redemeed, their expiry period and if any can be used after that.
Redemption of recurring membership benefits depends on the Limit Redemption Based on field in the General tab. Select one of the following options before you go ahead and set up membership credits or discounts.
General Tab - Limit Redemptions Based on: Select one of the following:
- Last Visit: Select this to enforce a wait period for a specific number of days before redeeming the free services again. For example, if a membership offers ten massages, restrict a guest to wait at least 30 days between each massage. The frequency can be edited from the Benefits tab.
- Frequency: Select this to enforce how frequently a customer can redeem a free service based on the frequency you've decided. For example, if a membership offers 10 massages, and you've defined monthly frequency, the customer is restricted to redeeming a massage once every calendar month.
Set up Service Credits (Prepaids or Free services) and Discounts
Service credits and discounts are set up in the Benefits tab. Refer to the information below to set up discounts and service credits:
Discount Type: Select one of the following
Percentage: to give a percentage of the service price as a discount.
Flat: To give a specific amount as a discount on the selected services.
Benefits Period: Select one of the following:
Full membership period
Allows the guests to use their free services and discounts throughout the period of the membership.
Guests accumulate benefits with each payment throughout the period of the membership.
Service Equality Template: Select a service equality template from the drop-down list. Services implied for the service credits are determined in the service equality template.
Note: You can create a new service equality template as an administrator, under Organization level > Admin > Setup > Service Equality Templates.
- Service: Expand the list of services and click the name of a service to configure the benefits for it.
- Service Q: Click the cell and enter the number of service credits that you are awarding with this membership.
- Frequency: Enter the frequency to set the minimum time interval between redeeming the service credits that are awarded for the selected service. For example, if you list monthly from the list of options, it means a guest who used a service credit has to wait at least one month before they can use another service credit for the same service.
- Expire Days: This is a non editable field. For a recurring membership, the membership benefits are available to a guest until the membership expires.
- Discount When Using Credits - Peak: Enter the discount for the guests on the selected service during peak hours, when the guest pays using membership credit value.
- Discount When Using Credits - Off Peak: Enter the discount on the selected service during off-peak hours, when the guest pays using membership credit value.
- Discount After Credits Used - Peak: Enter the discount on the selected service during peak hours, after the guest uses all of the membership credit value.
- Discount After Credits Used - Off Peak: Enter the discount on the selected service during off-peak hours, after the guest uses all of the membership credit value.
- Select: Select the check box for each service to enable the benefits you set up for it.
Note: Peak and Off-peak hours are defined for a center in the Center Settings page.