When you are creating either a recurring or a non-recurring membership, the first step is to enter basic membership information such as its name, code, and description.
You also need to select the type of membership. Based on the type of the membership other options change.
Below are the descriptions of fields related to general membership information:
(Optional) Membership Code: When you sell a membership to a guest, it must have a unique identification code. The system can auto-generate the code as follows:
In the Prefix box, enter a common prefix for all memberships sold under this plan.
In the Seed Value box, enter the first number that must be assigned to the first membership sale. Zenoti automatically increments the number from there for all the following sales. For example, if the seed value of the first sale is 001, the next memberships that are sold automatically have 002, 003, and so on.
- Membership Name: Enter the name of the membership plan.
- Membership Identification: Type a code for identifying this membership plan in Zenoti. Each membership should have a unique identification code. You can use a combination of words and numbers to create one of your choice.
- Description: Enter a description for the membership. When you select this membership for sale in POS, the description shows next to the name. This helps your front desk to check if they are selecting the right membership.
- HTML Description: Enter a description for the membership for customer mobile app and webstore. Use HTML for rich description and include images. After you enter the description, click the preview icon next to the box to check how it appears on the app or webstore.
- Business Unit: Select the business unit to which the membership applies. This helps you to track the sales or revenues for that particular business unit.
- Appointment Category: Select the appointment category to which the membership belongs, from the list.
Membership Type: Select one of the following options:
Allows clients to pay the membership fee at specific intervals, such as monthly or quarterly payments.
For example, a recurring membership for massages can be set up in such a way that clients pay $50 every month and can avail 1 free massage every month.
Select this for term-based memberships where clients pay the membership fee at once and use the membership benefits through the tenure of the membership.
- Active: Select a Yes if you want to sell this membership from POS. When you want to stop selling this membership, select No here.
- Membership Category: If membership categories are created for your organization, select a category for this plan.
Expiration: Select one of the following options:
Select this option if the membership benefits must expire after a specific number of days or months.
Select this option if the membership benefits never expire.
- Terms & Conditions: Enter your membership Terms and Conditions in the box. These are shown during membership purchase from webstore, on the receipt for the in-store purchases. Based on the notification settings, these are also sent to the guest's mobile and email. To turn on the Membership Terms & Conditions notification, go to: Admin Dashboard > Organization > Organizations > Email/Text tab > Memberships and Packages.
- Terms & Conditions Acceptance Message: If you enable email or mobile notifications for the membership terms and conditions, a hyperlink is sent in the email or text for the user to accept the terms and conditions. The text you enter in this box is used as the acceptance message from the user.
- Tags: Tags are used to group guests, services, products, employees, packages or memberships based on some criteria. If you have created tags for membership, enter the relevant membership tags in this box. Tags help you to filter membership sales reports, as well as create target segments based on the tags.